You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Monday, October 8th 2012, 11:50am

Author: spinman1949

My Design with RP

[attach]82[/attach]Thought I would post my design. The whole unit will come out by disconnecting 5 unions. The main line connection RP must remain or I have to shut water off. I should have placed the valve on the main line. Hindsight. But no big. I do have to redo the EZ FLOW by putting a Coupling Valve. The Sprinklers get fertilizer fine but the drip valves create too much back pressure, so I need to reduce the flow between the coupling to create positive pressure to the tank when I use the dr...

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 11:01pm

Interesting Observation am I correct.

Todd, Install is literally a few days old. Only filter is the one on the pump. No chance of any clogging debris with a pondless. Pretty hard for anything to get through layers upon layers of river rock and gravel. Plus the flow is not restricted all the time. As I type the waterfall is running on the lowest setting and the flow is quite substantial. 9:00 PM Pacific. It may very well be the speed control. Possibly during the hot midday sun it is getting hot and thus is providing less current. Wit...

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 5:59pm

Interesting Observation am I correct.

Part of our recent landscape and irrigation project is a pondless waterfall. Anyone that wished to see it may do so by going to youtube and do a search on spinman1949. You will see some of my work with Halloween props. Since you are into hydrodynamics you may find my sump pump water driven pop up interesting. It is like a pop up sprinkler head on steroids. I do not show it in the video but I did a test with the pump pushing water and it will lift very rapidly about 15 pounds. This is going to be...

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 11:04pm

Complete redesign.

Todd, Right I do not need to do the drain. But since the downspout drain is close I figured why not. Less water less mud and weeds. Once I get all the parts, I will take pictures and you experts can let me know how I did if you wish. It is very helpful to have people who do this work professionally who are willing to help the layman. Tom

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 11:01pm

Complete redesign.

Todd, Yes I opened the manuals. Min 12 " above grade. Plus air gap between overflow to drain. Luckily I have a downspout drain right around the corner. So I will dig down to provide a link to that drain. The valves I can place below grade as well as the EZ Flow. I think I have enough room for the three valves and the EZ Flow down in the pit. I am forgoing the mister idea. Oh and thx re the sprinkler valve. Tom

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 1:41pm

Complete redesign.

Todd, Once again you came through and actually we are on the same plain. I am looking at Rainbird. I have the Drip valves selected. Just checking out the sprinker valve. And I will not put a filter in as you suggest. Water here in San Diego is hard but not dirty. I rarely need to clean any traps or faucet diffusers. So I will be placing my order soon. I wish the area was wider. None of the cover fake rocks will fit unless I trim the back off. I might be able to get everything below ground level ...

Monday, September 10th 2012, 6:57pm

Complete redesign.

Todd, Also. How about your choice for valve mfg please. Do you have a particular model in mind? Thx again. Tom

Monday, September 10th 2012, 6:53pm

Complete redesign.

Todd, Thx for the reply. Very helpful. I did make one error. Supply is 1 ". The zone to the slope is 1" , but I know it is reduced to 3/4 on the slope. The back drip is 3/4 right from the valve. The front is 1" . So I will go 3/4 valves for the drip and to keep pressure up on the slope I will go with a 1 " valve. Any thoughts on the primary filter. Do I need it?

Monday, September 10th 2012, 6:35pm

Complete redesign.

Hmm no replies as of yet. Well I need to order parts soon. I have dug down and located all the existing pipes. I think I can go with the 1.5 gallon EZ Flow as I really do not have large areas except the slope and that is about. 2400 Sq Ft. Still not sure on the valves. Maybe go for the pressure adjustable units. Pricey but at least I can control easily. Since my supply is 3/4 I am going with the 1 inch filter. I doubt the 7 heads on the slope put out over 25 gals per minute. If I go to the next ...

Monday, September 10th 2012, 2:06pm

Complete redesign.

Based on my slope and the way the irrigation was done I now know I will need to install an RPZ and of course have it certified. So now as to the design. First the area where the valve station is located is about 3 ft by 14 " deep. It is right next to the house. The supply line is 3/4 and it is located 10" below ground level. Since I have one zone on gear drive sprinklers and the other two zones are drip I intend on putting in a filter. I also want to install an EX Flow. It hope to hide it around...

Monday, September 10th 2012, 10:14am

Need advice on backflow devices.

Todd, Thx now I understand. And I was not aware there is a guage involved. Not going to spend $800 for sure. I will get a professional.

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 10:49pm

Todd, You said it will be a high hazard? Why is that? The hill has all above ground heads. Is the high hazard because I plan to us an EZ Flow?

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 10:44pm

Wet_Boots Gotcha. OK once I get it all done I will call for a professional inspection.

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 5:04pm

Great Response !!

Wow !! Thx Todd. So based on your post I should put a shut off valve before the RPZ and when I first apply pressure do it gradually. As far as testing? I am a fairly accomplished tech in the mechanical world, so I feel confident I can follow any testing procedues given in the manual. But I will check on a prof test. Also what about a filter? I realize the RP will drop pressure and so will a filter to some degree. I have no exact figure, but at present the two drip zones are using retro DIG heads...

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:42pm

This is a common story. Major remodeling with landscaping. Existing irrigation being adapted. Now I find the need for expert help. I will make it simple. If I install a RPZ right after my main feed shutoff valve, can I eliminate all other forms of backflow devices? I have one very high slope in the backyard that has gear drive heads on one zone and then I have 2 drip zones with very little elevation change from the rear zone to the valve station. The front zone is below station elevation. If the...