You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 4:06pm

Author: razinkc

2 zones watering at same time

Thanks for your help. Back to normal. Fuse was the problem, and the extra wire solved the initial problem. 1-7 running as intended! Now to change a bunch of heads....

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 10:13am

Well, I think I did a boo-boo during my attempted fix. I tried the extra wire on zone 6. So, I unhooked valve 6. The extra wire was connected to the common, so I unhooked that, and connected to zone 6. Unfortunately, I connected the old zone 6 wire to the common also -- like the extra wire had been. I hooked the unused wire up to 6 at the controller. I ran thru stations 1-4 and worked as intended. When zone 5 came on, nothing happened. I had 0v at the terminal. Same with 6, same with 7 when I we...

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 8:21am

Thanks! Yeah, when I unhooked zone 6 and turned on zone 5, zone 6 seems to be floating at 2-3v or something -- the same as unused terminals on the controller. Same when unhooking 5, and turning on 6. I'm guessing that means the controller is OK. Nothing has changed and has worked for years til now, so they are not wired together. Maybe the 5 & 6 live wires are exposed to each other somewhere then. I do have one extra unused wire that maybe I'll try.

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 8:47pm

Hi All, I have a pretty old system, but until now has been working pretty well. 7 zones. 1-4 work as intended. When zone 5 starts, zone 6 also comes on. When zone 6 starts, zone 5 stays on. When zone 7 comes around, 5 & 6 shut off, and 7 runs as intended. I've read a forum entry or two regarding this problem. I've seen a ground/common wire problem in one thread. About the only thing different I did was put a volt meter on the terminals at the control box. With zone 5 selected to run, zone 6 is a...