You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, October 5th 2012, 2:50pm

Author: brycenesbitt

Ahghghghgghghghghghghg

So I went the sprinkler supply house and they say the red nozzles are not only discontinued, but that blue nozzles won't fit in my old spray heads. Why would Hunter do this? The supply house can't get more reds. I scrounged up a few red nozzles anyway, and found that the lowest flow ones gave the longest throw... but not nearly enough to reach the center of the lawn. Overall pressure seems good, but I don't have a pressure gauge. I put in a brand new (blue) Hunter PGP and found it had comparable...

Friday, October 5th 2012, 10:55am

Fescue as a low maintenance lawn?

Hi, what do you folks think of the Fescue grasses as a deep root low maintenance lawn type, such as the mix from http://www.pearlspremium.com/ ? In my case this is for the Mediterranean style dry foggy summer / wet winter climate of the San Francisco Bay area. It never gets cold here, never snows, and never gets hot (everyone melts on the 3-4 days the temperature reaches 85 F).

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 2:42am

Hunter Blue/Red or Grey : Long Distance Low Volume?

Mr Boots: I have the flow chart, so I know the flow rate per nozzle. What I'm trying to understand is how to get the maximum spray distance with the minimum GPM flow. The corner of the area in question gets flooded long before the rest of the lawn is sufficiently watered. I can't readily change the locations of emitters. I will try to put higher flow nozzles on the other side, to minimize the throw on the problem side.

Monday, October 1st 2012, 2:28pm

Do the nozzles wear out? Need cleaning? If I have a red nozzle and too much volume in an area, how can I lower the volume for that emitter only?

Monday, October 1st 2012, 12:31am

I volunteered to retrofit an old system that uses Hunter PGP nozzles. I know nothing about sprinklers, but am learning fast. The system is old enough the rubber covers on the PGP's are UV-deteriorated and brittle, many covers are missing or cracked. The nozzles are red. In one area the throw is fine, but the volume is way too high leading to puddles. What are my nozzle options for keeping the current throw (30-35') but with less volume? I've tried the set screw, but it is as far out as it can re...

Friday, September 28th 2012, 8:56pm

Retrofitting old Lawnlife control valve? Confused how it ever worked!

Ah, got it, thanks. However I can't get it to operate manually with the bleed screw. Water just sort of dribbles out and nothing dramatic happens. Can I get it to turn on by unscrewing the solenoid shaft? Quoted from "mrfixit" You can turn that valve on manually with the bleeder screw. It's the thing that looks like you can turn it with a screwdriver.

Friday, September 28th 2012, 1:04pm

Retrofitting old Lawnlife control valve? Confused how it ever worked!

Dear wet experts; My child's school has four of these valves, only one is still functional. In each case the solenoid is loose and can just be pulled up. I understand from this forum that Lawnlife was a knockoff brand. I have a few questions What do I buy in order to replace the actuator assembly, without replumbing the entire valve? Am I on the right track with the Buckner Superior 800 ? If so what's the difference between electric and extension?Is there a way to turn this style of valve on ma...