You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 10:54pm

Author: pdragn78

double check valve?

Would a double check valve fix the design issue with the slope, if installed upstream of the anti-siphon valve? Or do I still need to scrap the anti-siphon valves with the double check valve upstream?

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 1:14pm

1" PVC to 3/4" PVC when do I reduce it?

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Elevations completely change the rules. You do not use antisyphon valves to feed lines that flow to points uphill. Also, in any event, you do not install check valves downstream of antisyphon valves. The equipment shown in the photo screams Amateur Hour to me. So your recommendation is not to use check vavles downstream of the antisyphon valves. After reading this board, I have seen recommendations to run the main line from the street up to the top of the slope and locat...

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 1:06pm

Quoted from "mrfixit" Why is the filter so low to the ground? It's only a couple of inches from the lateral line. Are the pipes only 3 inches under the ground or are you going to bury the filter? Or both. Does the dripline require a pressure reducer? Where is it? You already have anti-syphon valves. You don't need those black things at all. He might have those things in there because the valves are lower than the sprinklers and maybe the black things will keep the valves from draining too much....

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 12:52pm

25 foot slope, leaking water from controller valve when turned off

Hello I have 3 zones on a 25 foot slope (2 zones MP rotators, 1 zone drip irrigation). When the sprinkers are working, I dont' see any leaks from the control valves, but when I turn off the zones on the slope I notice water leaking from the control valves. I have Hunter PRS40 sprinkler risers with check vavles so I don't think the problem is with the sprinkler heads. I am guessing that the main line after the controller valve leading up the slope, is draning back down to through the control valv...

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 12:04am

The controller valve set up is on flat ground. Zones 1, and 2 are flat ground(same level as control valves), zone 3,4, 5(drip) are on an elevated slope. I don't think these are the correct backflow devices to use (black connectors). I already had him remove the one from the main line since it was leaking. I think these backflow devices are used for drip systems with a fertilizer system to prevent it from flowing backwards. I'm not sure why he used them on zone 3,4, and 5. Am I correct that it wo...

Monday, October 29th 2012, 10:50am

What is required for San Diego? Residential sprinklers

Does anyone know what the code is for San Diego residential sprinklers? I'm not sure what backflow device to use. Thanks.

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 10:52pm

updated picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Update: added larger photo of valves. I found out that the black connection is a Dig 45 Backflow preventer (according to sticker on it). I think it is uneccessary to have off the 1" main to the control valves. I don't see an issue with having it (after control valves)for zones 3,4,and 5. Another question. Should I put a pressure reducer for zone 5 drip line? I have a 25PSI pressure reducer that I can have him install on zone 5 post-valve. Any help would be appreciate...

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 10:19am

best 6-valve outdoor controller?

Thanks for the help. I am now considering a controller with a remote so I can test the system more easily. I know Hunter has an adapter for the remote. So am looking into that. Thanks for your help.

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 10:07am

I hired someone to set this up for me, but i'm not sure they are qualified. I'm in San Diego. The main line from city is 3/4". The pressure on my hose faucet is 55 PSI. He has already run the 3/4" city line to a Tee 1" PVC to my control valves. It looks to me that the 1" main PVC line running to the control valves (Orbitz 3/4") has been reduced to 3/4" using some sort of black colored reducer (not sure)? I have 5 zones. Zones 1 and 2 are for grass at the same elevation. Zones 3,4 are for sprinkl...

Friday, October 19th 2012, 3:18pm

best 6-valve outdoor controller?

I am installing 5 zones sprinker system (4 zones with Hunter Rotators, and 1 zone drip irrigation). What is the best outdoor controller? Toro, Hunter, Rainbird, and Orbit all make controllers. I don't need any of the fancy items (remote control, rain sensor etc.). I just want something that is straight forward to hook up and easy to program. Any suggestions?