You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 7:42am

Author: jrmtl

ok fixed

Just got the valve replaced as we couldn't find why it was letting water through even with solenoid in correct position. Thank you all for you tips!

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 8:57pm

head still leaking

I just closed the main water to the zone and the head dried up. So it seems like the valve is staying open slightly I guess when system not on Maybe I turned the solenoid too much towards the ON position ( it said 1/4 turn) when I was testing it out at beginning of season when I opened the system How can I reset back to the correct position?

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 9:24am

Sprinker head possible leak - Grass is muddy when sprinkler is OFF

thank you all for the advice... Just to clarify indeed it doesn't seem to be leaking from top unless i can't really tell as soil is soaked around the head ( maybe somewhere under ). So is the main valve letting water in the pipes even though it's OFF , maybe not enough to open the heads? P.S this head is the one that leads to the flower bed where i have 3 small sprays

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 8:30pm

Thanks for reply! Pardon my ignorance but i don't know much about the system Only one head seems to be leaking out of many on same line , the others seem dry. Where are these solenoids ( isn't that within the main valve that go to heads to open system ? ) Is the problem only with the head?

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 2:12pm

Hello all, I had a hunter irrigation system installed last year by someone who is no longer supporting the system ... just my luck. He seemed to have done a good job but i have noticed one of my heads to be leaking ( not from top ) when sprinkler system is OFF. Is this possible as the grass around the head is muddy constantly? Can water be constantly flowing through pipes even on OFF may thanks JR

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 5:34pm

New to board and sprinkler systems... got a few estimates and need advice.

So if I read what you are saying ... go with Hunter for 2 yrs and at a cheapier cost ? There's a 400$ diff between quotes from rain bird and hunter. Any experience with either ?

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 10:35am

It seems that Rain bird in Canada offers a 5yr warranty . I've gotten a couple of quotes for a rain bird install with this.

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 5:50pm

Thanks for the tips... much appreciated. I have estimates for Hunter system 2 yrs warranty and Rain bird 5 yrs warranty. Should I consider this as I make a decision ?

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 8:00am

Hello all, What a great website and very informative. I was quoted for a few systems and one 'hunter product' guy gave me a quote without a backflow valve install... Is this normal practice or is he cutting corners ? Much appreciated JR