You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 9:08am

Author: My Dream

What size valve box.

Thanks once again for the reply wsommariva; Thanks for the reminder on the 3/4" crush stone. So that would give me 40" for say 25" of manifold? I wonder if I need an extension between the 3 monifold and the two so that it will be seperated between the manifold. I would also assume I have to purchase all the fittings seperatly as in the end cap, fttings between the valve and manifolds as well and the connection between manifold and poly or pvc?

Wednesday, December 12th 2012, 8:52am

Confused on Pro Irrigation Designs.

Thanks again for the reply wsommariva; Let me recap and by the way, Rainbird did not suggest any Rotors based on the maximum throw being around 23 ft. I've done head to head. Reduce throw rating by around 10%, Check for leaks before filling in trenches. Consider an extra zone. Use poly rather then pvc based on freezing tempertures in my area. Purchase swing joints for every sprayer. Use a PVB preferably Watts or Febco listin on SW. Purchase shut off valve for winter blowout between backflow and ...

Tuesday, December 11th 2012, 9:25pm

Thanks for the reply wsommariva; I placed a partial order today with the exception of the drip irrigatio which seems to be where the most discrepency is. I'll try to make some more progress tomorrow. To answer a couple of your questions; Location Niagara Falls NY. Most will be Rainbird, what SW doesn't have in Rainbird I'll have to find a substitute which most likely will be Hunter. Land is flat 2.5 degree grade, but not wide open. I'm at 60psi with 14 gpm. I'm going to stick with 4 zones for st...

Tuesday, December 11th 2012, 9:19pm

What size valve box.

Thanks once again for the reply Wet_Boots; How about 2 of these, although they do seem large? NDS 113BC Standard Rectangular Valve Box with Overlapping Cover I believe these are the manifolds I'll need. Action Machine MS-TM Sch. 80 1 in. 3-Manifold w/ M Buttress Threads Action Machine MS-DM Sch. 80 1 in. 2-Manifold with M Buttress Threads

Tuesday, December 11th 2012, 4:34pm

What size valve box.

What size box would be needed for: 4 DVT 1" with flow control valve 1 Rain Bird XCZ075PRF 3/4 in. Low Flow Control Zone Kit Thanks

Tuesday, December 11th 2012, 8:47am

This is what confuses me, "Sizes of pipes and fittings and valves affect pressure losses, and pressure losses depend on the amount of flow.", if you have two different designs based on the exact same amount of flow, why change the size of mainline pipe, fitting, valves, etc, since as you say it affects pressure loss. This was based on 60 psi at 14 gpm. Rainbird; 5 zones with one being drip irrigation, all 4" pop ups with drip irrigation being all drip-line. Toro 6 zones with 2 being drip irrigat...

Monday, December 10th 2012, 3:05pm

Can anyone shed some light on any of the discrepancies, for e.g. why would you go from a 3/4" rough in supply line to 1" valve/mainline only to go to 1/2" sprinkler head and the other Toro stay at 3/4" valve/main line from 3/4" rough in?

Sunday, December 9th 2012, 2:09pm

I've received the design from Rainbird and Toro and wanted to compare and get a material lists based on the best of both. After reviewing both, I'm confused as to why both are totally different. I understand that there are more then one way to irrigate a lawn but I'm baffled as to why they are so different and I'll give examples. Why would you go from a 3/4" rough in supply line to 1" mainline only to go to 1/2" sprinkler head and the other stay at 3/4" main line from 3/4" rough in. Why would on...

Saturday, December 8th 2012, 11:45am

Help! New Home in Canada in Desperate need of Winterization

I'm not sure what part of Canada you're from but code normally states that there should be at least a back flow preventer. I also don't understand why there isn't a seperate shut off for the blow out. It maybe possible this set wasn't installed professionally. There are still many pros what will blow out they system as I see them advertised on a daily basis. I would find one soon as the method you're going to try isn't the best route to take.

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 10:02am

Drip Irrigation product list help.

Delete as there were no replies.

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 10:15am

Rainbird's Cross Reference

Thanks Wet_Boots, I'll add several, "Rain Bird 100-DVF-NPT 1 in. FNPT Valve with Flow Control". to my cart. Now onto to figuring out the Drip Irrigation upgrade. Have a great weekend.

Friday, November 30th 2012, 5:30pm

Thanks for the reply Wet Boots, are you referring to, Rain Bird 100-JTV 1 in. FPT Valve without Flow Control

Friday, November 30th 2012, 1:55pm

In my Rainbird design they specified CPF-100 Valves 1" FPT inlet Valve, which is the proper and best upgrade or other choice; Rain Bird 100-DVF-NPT 1 in. FNPT Valve with Flow Control Rain Bird 100-DVF-MB 1 in. MPT x Barb Valve with Flow Control Thanks

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 8:02am

Rainbird cross reference.

Thanks for the reply as well as the link mrfixit; So Rainbird recomended the lower end sprinkler and what you're suggesting is the 1804 which would be a direct better quality replacement. I would then need to purchase each nozzle seperately by figuring out the spray patterns. Checking the online store the price difference may only be 10-15% more if I added correctly which is well worth the piece of mind. Am I correct to assume the best option would then be the 1800 PRS-SAM sprayers? If so then d...

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 5:52pm

Thanks for the reply Wet Boots, I wasn't given the option therefore. is there only one sprinker head offering in Rainbirds consumer products and if so, how do I find out which upgrade is needed to switch over to pro equipment? Or.....maybe pro equipment is what I'm actually looking for, at the moment, I'm not sure what my options are, other then I prefer reliability hence the reason/mindset in going with Rainbird.

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 4:18pm

Hello everyone, I just received a Rainbird irrigation design for my home and was am wondering about the quality of the sprinkers suggested in the design. These are only a few sprinkers and wondered what my options were for upgrading to a better Rainbird quality should the budget allow. I was unable to find this listing in the online store to base it's place in the "good, better, best" category. SP40AP 4" - Adjust Pattern Spray SP40F 4" - Full Circle Spray SP40CST 4" - Center Strip Pattern Spray ...