You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 6:40pm

Author: valovic

1¼" PVC "T" fittings and Pipe Prices

Getting ready to install my system in a few months and I was wondering where is the best place to buy the PVC fittings. I checked Sprinkler Warehouse and they are $2.10 each for the 1¼ x 1¼ x ¾FPT. Lowes has them for $1.87. Anybody else find them cheaper. I went to a local plumbing supply store and they are even more expensive there. Same for the 1¼ PVC pipe. Lowes is the only one that stocked it and they were selling it for $4.28 for a 10' section. What have others been getting.

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 6:30pm

What's a curb stop

I'm getting ready to install my system. My water main is out a the street. How far down doe sthe valve need to be? Below the frost line? The water meter is only 12" below the surface. I was going to tap into the main supply and ahve the valve about 12" under. that the hell is a curb stop valve? I'm in DE. 32" frost line Am I just better off connecting it from the house at the 1" main and then going out?

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 6:21pm

redesign

I went back to rainbird and they redesigned it a bit. They now have the main lines and lateral lines as 1-1/4. I'll just stick with that

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 7:07pm

1" Backflow on a 3/4" Tee??

As far are the reducing T's. I would not change what you have, but if you are putting in something new it can't hurt to go to 1" . But your flow is pretty low, so you can't go wrong either way.

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 7:11pm

Minimum GPM?

When I did my GPM bucket test at the spigot I got 8 GPM. Rainbird told me it was to low. So I re-tested it in the basment right at the poly pipe off the meter, and I got 30 gpm. The spigot was reduced down to 1/2" where the main line was 1" and there were no elbows or valves to slow it down. I think it would be important to test it right where you would connect the sprinkler main. I would test it closer to the pump and use the biggest line you have (no reducers)

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 6:45pm

Head Placement

With 45 psi and only running 4 heads, there is no need to go with 1" lines and valves. Just go all 3/4", and save some coin. YOu will still have the option of changin the nozzles if you need more distance.

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 6:41pm

try a different head

Instead of moving the heads you could try an easier option. Choose a Variable Arc nozzle and allow the spray to come back towards the house. Not enough to spray the house, but it will cover more than 180°. adjust it to something like 200° or 210°

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 6:29pm

1.25" sprinkler design but I want to drop to 1"

OK so I have been planning on instaling my own sprinkler system, and I'm just about to rent the trencher. I had rainbird design the system, and they did an OK job. I have to redesign a few things over. One question is - they would not design my system for a 1" line, they said with my flow and PSI that they had to size it for 1.25", but that I could reduce it after they designed it with no problem. I've got 50 psi and 30 gpm on right from the 1" main line. They have designed a zone to have 10 hea...