You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Saturday, May 22nd 2004, 2:00am

Author: foobarro

turning on system this spring with Febco 765-1

That did it! Thanks very much mrwettech, your advise was a great help!! I really appreciate it...

Thursday, May 20th 2004, 5:03pm

OK, will give that a try and report back. Thanks again!

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 4:12pm

Thanks. I slowly opened the valve, but to your point I probably didn't open it over the course of just a couple seconds - probably more like 5 or 6 seconds. What flow should I have the main cutoff inside the house at before I open the valve? I just had it on a bit more than a trickle...

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 5:44pm

OK, problem. When I slowly opened the lower ball valve, I did get water out of the top -- but it never stopped. I waited a good 4 or 5 minutes.... One thing I should mention is that prior to coming to this forum, I tried turning things on myself with no idea what i was doing. I turned the water on full blast; *all* of the valves and cocks were open at the time. Could I have damaged the Febco device by doing that? What do I do/try now? Thanks again...

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 2:52am

Thanks so much mrwettech for the detailed response. I will try it out today or tomorrow and report back if any problems. Again, thanks!!!!

Monday, May 17th 2004, 3:25am

A picture is worth a thousand words... when you look at this image of the Febco unit: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=585 ... I'm guessing that what I'm supposed to do is leave the blue valves open, and close the 2 test cocks that stick out to the right -- correct? And when you say "close the valve on the outlet side", again, I'm guessing that you mean something that isn't pictured here, which in my case looks like a regular garden hose spigot knob. Right? Also, when I turn on t...

Monday, May 17th 2004, 3:20am

Thanks very much for the response mrwettech - when you say "Close the valve on the outlet side", do you mean close the thing that looks like a water spigot knob? Thanks again in advance....

Sunday, May 16th 2004, 9:59am

I'm a sprinkler novice (bought a house a few years ago which had a spinkler system installed, my first ever). Over the last few years, I've had a sprinkler service both winterize *and* turn on the system in the spring - this year I want to at least turn the system on myself, since I think I ought to be able to at least do that! I have a Febco 765-1 backflow device installed. My problem is this - when I turn on the main water feed to the sprinkler system from inside the house, water leaks from ev...