You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Tuesday, March 26th 2013, 8:18am

Author: 69_Mustang_Man

Want to do a quick and dirty design for a gravity fed sprinkler system from a pond.

Thank you very much for the information. I am curious as to the method used to determine the adequacy of the system. Being that I do not know anything about sprinklers and I have not been able to find anything on line, I do not know the math involved in designing the system. If that makes any sense?? Is there a computer program involved? Otherwise, This helps me out greatly! Thanks again!

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 12:15pm

Want to do a quick and dirty design for a gravity fed sprinkler system from a pond.

Hi, Yes. Thanks again. I have it configured with a screen at the intake, a valve just outside the pond embankment, at the top of the slope to protect the system from hammer action. The permit requires the valve anyway due to the high quality watershed. I had planned for the 4" PCV pipe to enter into the center of the field and then branch off in both directions into a series of three parallel pipes approx 300 feet long each and spaced at approximately 20 feet between each pipe. The sprinklers wo...

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 7:10am

Hi again! Thanks again for the info. How many sprinklers could I expect to run, without pumping? I'm looking at a range of ~200 gpm to dewater the pond in 5 days to ~130 gpm to dewater it in 8 days. Therefore, at the 130 gpm, I am looking at 44 of the 3gpm nozzles or 22 of the 6 gpm. Is that too many? I could possibly go to 9 days at ~117gpm. That would be ~39 3gpm or 19 6gpm sprinklers. Screening the intake is no problem. Thanks,

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 2:18pm

Yes, the "de-watering" structure is a 4" diam PVC stand-pipe that has a series of three holes drilled into it. It has ~5 rows of three holes, between the sediment storage elev and the top of water elev. If the dewatering holed affect the PSI needed, this pipe can be changed and the holes eliminated.

Thursday, March 21st 2013, 7:29am

Hi Yes, the pond discharge will be through the sprinklers. The elevations are as follows: Top of water in pond: 1782.0' Discharge Pipe inlet elevation: 1773.1' Discharge Pipe outlet elevation (at spray field): 1698.0' Hope this helps! Thanks again!

Wednesday, March 20th 2013, 7:36am

Hello, I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction here. I have a mining permit I working on and it is in a watershed which requires a non point source type of discharge therefore, a sprinkler system can be used for this. The dewatering pipe is a 4" PVC pipe which will be discharging through a series of 1.5" diameter holes. At full volume the discharge will be full flow through the 4" PVC. The pipe flow from the pond elevation to the field we will be spraying is approximately 550 ...