You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

Wednesday, June 22nd 2005, 8:57am

Author: bgeddes

OmniPro II Automation Controller

From an economic standpoint, you are correct WetBoots. If you were building a new home or want to install a security and/or automation controller, the OnmiPro will get you all that plus the capability to control your sprinkler zones along with any other automation. With the advances in X10 and PCS devices, installing home automation after home construction is pretty viable. But then again, I have a serious geek side to me. Sometimes the Rube Goldberg in me wants to intentially water the sidewalk...

Monday, June 20th 2005, 8:31am

> Can you use a rainbird or hunter controller with the OmniPro II? Well, since I use the OmniPro "as" the sprinkler controller I have not tried it...but... I suppose it would be possible to hook the OmniPro output (1 for each sprinkler zone) to your Rainbird/Hunter controller and start the zones (via OmniPro->Rainbird/Hunter) from your consoles (or OmniPro programming). The trick however, would be to wire in the output lines. If your existing controller accepts external triggers (out put l...

Monday, June 20th 2005, 8:18am

The OmniPro II actually serves as the sprinkler controller. I purchased 2 Form C relay contacts (HAI part # 19A00-1) so that I may convert up to 16 12-volt switch outputs to 16 24-volt outputs (required by sprinkler valves). All valve wiring (in addition to my security/automation wiring) runs directly to the OmniPro II controller which, in my case, is installed in a closet inside my home. I have multiple consoles installed in strategic locations (doors to outside, living room, etc.) so I can tur...

Monday, May 2nd 2005, 11:11am

How do I turn on my sprinkler system?

Besides, everybody knows you turn 3 times clockwise (not counter-clockwise).

Thursday, October 14th 2004, 11:54pm

Need advice on a bad installation

The holding tank won't have a negative effect on the pressure. I'm not sure about the PH balancer tank. Here are some other toughts: * Leak (or clog) in the mainline and/or lateral(s) * Too much GPM (reduces pressure on pump systems) - try replacing nozzles that consume less GPM * They ran 1/2" pipe (or 3/4" with very long distances). * I-20 flow was reduced - check flow control on top of rotor.

Wednesday, October 13th 2004, 9:43am

Need advice on a bad installation

15 ft or less for the rotors? Did you have the dishwasher or washing machine running when you performed your test? If a given zone is consuming around 17-18 GPM (quite reasonable if PSI drop is minimal and 6 rotors with 3.0 nozzles are used), any water appliance running at the same time as your sprinklers will reduce the flow.

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 7:31am

Hunter I20

I installed the Hunter I-20 rotors in my system and have had no problem (so far). They are slightly more expensive than the PGPs due to the "flow control" capability. It turns out the "flow control" option is great while fine-tuning the rotor patterns. I can turn off the flow to a single rotor, make the arc adjustment, and turn the flow back on w/o having to shut down the entire zone. Now that the fine tuning is over, I'm really left with PGP rotors.

Wednesday, September 8th 2004, 9:37am

When my wife & I built our new home last year, I installed a home security/automation system using HAI's OmniPro II Controller. This summer I am installing a 10 zone sprinkler system and naturally the OmniPro II will be used to control the valves. This system allows me to control the sprinklers via a PC (local & web), telephone (inside & remote access), and of course the keypads installed inside the home. The programming features of the OmniPro II provide a lot of flexibility and control of the ...

Tuesday, September 7th 2004, 12:56pm

spray vs rotor

More sprays would presumably mean more zones (valves) due to GPM issues.

Monday, June 7th 2004, 5:18am

Additional hose bibs connected to mainline

Thanks Aquamatic. > Minimum of 12" below the PVB If I installed hose bib vacuum breakers, would I still need to be 12" below the PVB? I will be installing my system in about 3 weeks. (The SprinklerWarehouse boxes have arrived []) Due to my sloped lot, I'm running the mainline uphill to connect to the PVB. Two of these hose bibs would be installed at the highest elevation. I'm starting to re-think the PVB decision. My first thought was to install a double-check assembly to avoid the 12" requir...

Friday, June 4th 2004, 6:40pm

Additional hose bibs connected to mainline

I would like to add some additional hose bibs away from the house. The hose bibs would connect to a vertical pipe 2-4 feet above ground. The vertical pipe will connect to the 1" PVC mainline. All bibs will be downstream of the PVB. Should the vertical pipe be copper or galvanized steel? Could the vertical pipe be (wrapped) PVC and enclosed in a housing/box? Will the vertical pipe need support other than a ground stake? Are there winterization issues I should be concerned with? (bib freeze, irrig...

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 9:42am

Flexible sprinkler connection

Nice suggestions HooKoo. Thanks. I had not thought of the 2 flipped 1"x1"x3/4" SST Tees in series. As long as I'm not reducing too much pressure (?) with the 2 Tees this might be a nice approach. Especially since swapping cap and sprinkler is even easier than unclamping and rotating (I'm lazy). Space is not too much of a concern in this area. Of course I say that now before the bushes are planted The 6" transition off a 1" barb Tee with a 3/4" female insert/reducer was where I was heading before...

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 8:51am

Automatic Drain Valves

The following link has 1" barb x 1" barb x 1/2" FPT Tees: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/detail.aspx?ID=461

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 8:39am

After reading cuberoot's post below I saw we were looking for the same thing. The Sprinkler Warehouse has 1" barb x 1" barb x 3/4" FPT Tees: (and 1" barb x 1" barb x 1/2" FPT tees)

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 8:39am

After reading cuberoot's post below I saw we were looking for the same thing. The Sprinkler Warehouse has 1" barb x 1" barb x 3/4" FPT Tees: (and 1" barb x 1" barb x 1/2" FPT tees)

Wednesday, May 19th 2004, 8:16am

I'm planning on installing some 180 deg rotors next to the sidewalk that shoot into the yard. The (1" poly) lateral will be about 2-3 feet from the sidewalk and each sprinkler will initially be 2 inches off the sidewalk. The wife wants to plant some bushes on that side of the sidewalk some day (after sprinkler install). My plan is to use (2-3 ft) funny pipe to connect the sprinklers due to its length flexibility (up to 4'?). If/When the bushes are planted, I want to flip the sprinkler to the oth...