You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 6:46am

Author: Roll Tide

Head placement for rounded outside corner

A friend asked me to help him install a system. He lives on a corner lot and everything is pretty straight forward except for the rounded corner where the two streets meet. The sidewalk is in front and on the side of the house. With that arc I'm not real sure how to make sure that area gets coverage. I had thought about strip nozzles down both straight lengths and a van nozzle spraying across the sidewalk adjusted to the arc of the corner. I hope I've described it clearly. Thanks for any help! S...

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 1:42pm

Trying to determine my static pressure.

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Your regulator may have failed, in the form of a slow internal leak that lets the downstream pressure build up. This was my first guess also.

Friday, May 17th 2013, 10:26am

Keeping track of your jobs & customers

Thanks Scott! I will look into that! Thanks, Steve

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 10:20am

Keeping track of your jobs & customers

What do y'all use to keep track of your customers and jobs you've done to recall those later if needed? Also is there some kind of app for your phone you can use to enter stuff like time and materials while on the job? Thanks, Steve

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 2:36pm

Hard wiring an outside controller

When installing an outside controller where do you tap power from? Do you have to run a wire from the breaker panel? Thanks, Steve

Monday, April 29th 2013, 5:47pm

Using satellite imagery

I'm just starting to get into the sprinkler business and had a thought. When someone calls you, you usually have to get an address. Could you google their address using google maps and and print out their property from the satellite image to mark all your measurements? I just thought it would be easier than using the graph paper and drawing it out. But I guess it depends on trees in the yard. Doh!

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 3:58pm

Where to find codes?

I live in Daphne, Alabama. That's on the east side of Mobile Bay. Where can I find codes for lawn irrigation systems or are there any? I really have no idea. I'm thinking about doing sprinkler systems as a side job and want to make sure I don't step on any government toes and do it right. Thanks, Steve

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 3:44pm

Yard with quick elavtion change

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Low angle for the rotors a the top and maybe high angle for the bottom rotors. Wanted to make sure though. Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Steve

Saturday, April 20th 2013, 9:50am

Yard with quick elavtion change

Hi, The house down the street from me sits about 35' from the street. It is just your normal rectangle shaped yard but it slopes from the street down to the house. I'm guessing the elevation change is about 6' with most of that change being closest to the street. Yeah! Pretty steep! Would you use a rotor as usual? It seems that any rotors at the top would have a very high arch when pointing down hill and then the lower rotors would have a very low arch when pointing up hill. What would you do in...