You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 12:25am

Author: larrymul

Heads only pop after second attempt

I have a manual gate valve in the yard coming in from the City on a one inch line, which splits and runs to three zone valve boxes, and to one line to a spigot which is full-time pressurized. I haven't OHM'd the solenoids yet but will in the morning.

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 10:43pm

Thanks for the reply. It's random and in all zones. For instance I can run my program, have 55 psi incoming, first zone opens, pressure on the main system drops to zero and the water just pukes out of the heads. Shut the controller off, run a zone manual from the controller, comes on fine, system pressure holds at 40 - 50 psi. Sometimes opening a zone at the valve works, sometimes not. I'm not losing system pressure from the city. It's a city provided, separate irrigation system, pressurized. I ...

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 1:53pm

I have replaced an existing above ground/surface system with all in-ground heads, 8 zones, existing one inch main, 1/2 inch funny pipe to heads. Irritrol Rain Dial-R controller, valves brand and model is unknown. I don't see any pressure reducing devices in the system and zone valves do not appear to be adjustable. Plenty of pressure, dedicated City irrigation system. Nine times out of ten, when activated either by timer, manual at the controller or at the valve, heads will pop an inch or so and...