You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, April 26th 2002, 11:08am

Author: adonika

lake water: rotors vs. impact

My system, which is what came with the house, is a 3 HP pump that has a "Screen" to keep out fish, my fingers can get in...the intake is 2" and output 1.5" sch 40 that runs 15 feet to the yard with a section of some sort of black flexible hose to accomidate lake level changes (can be as much a 5'). On the pvc section over the lake and at the lowest point I put in a drain so I could drain by gravity, in the fall. (Elevation change is about 30') The 1.5" pipoe enters the lawn through the "sea wall...

Thursday, April 25th 2002, 7:03am

lake water: rotors vs. impact

With lake water as a source, should I replace my current impact heads with impact or rotor heads. I like the fewer parts of rotor but I'm worried about clogging. I'm leaning toward rainbird. Adonika

Monday, April 22nd 2002, 8:24am

The bushes have grown!

I bought a house with an existing system, probably at least 9 years old. In the shubery I have Rainbird, Toro and Hardie heads. They have heads that popup and spray either a 180 or 360 pattern, and are on pipes (risers?) that hold the body of the sprayer 6" above the soil line. ( a pop-up that is never below the soil) I would like spray headto be 24-36" above the soil line, what do I do? The spray pattern is irregular, dirt? Do I put on an extention to my pipe and stick a nozzle on it? I'm prett...