You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 3:54pm

Author: elation

Which pluming items needed? Pics

Got it all fixed! My neighbor helped me out and we get everything repaired. Can you believe he's a plumber? How lucky am I? The plumber at Lowes was helpful but you can't beat having a plumber as a neighbor. Time to get to know all the neighbors. Thanks for the suggestions. Now I'm off to get a controller to replace my antiquated Rainbird RC-7Bi (which doesn't seem to be keeping time). I'm sure you'll see me over in the controller forum next.

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 5:12pm

Thank you very much for the detailed response. Unfortunately, the two bad valves are leaking at the threads. I ended up speaking with a master plumber and he showed me the areas he thought were best to cut. I am honestly so frustrated with this that I'm about ready to hire someone. I now know how folks feel when they call me because their computer quit. I think I'll sleep on it and see if I feel like messing with it tomorrow. Thanks again mrfixit!

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 1:32pm

I've been perusing the forums for a while and have learned quite a bit - thanks and glad y'all are here. I had a zone go out on a system built back in '91. I troubleshot it down to the diaphragm. Since I have all three valves dug up, I figured I might as well replace all three. They're old and probably need some proper maintenance. I purchased three Hunter PGV valves - the boltscrews sold me. I have: Tape Adhesive/cement PVC Cutters 1" compression coupling (figured this would be easy - 2nd pic, ...