You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 6:44pm

Author: jpk

basic questions on valve replacement

Sadly the taller pipe is the pressure side. But happily it's not leaking from the glue. Bud sadly it's leaking from the threads. But happily I did use teflon tape. Oh wait not sure that's happy. Happy Holidays everyone! -- Jon

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 7:54pm

IT WORKS! Local supplier was out of 2711APR but had 2711DPR. Needed an adaptor: threaded to slip fit. Now when I cut off the old guy, I found I didn't get the pipes the same height.I thought this could be an issue for fit and seal. So I tried sanding/filing downthe taller pipe, but I didn't get it much shorter. But it sealed OK. It was my first time using primer! In my previous jobs I just used glue.Maybe because they were sections that aren't under pressure all the time. There is a very slight ...

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 12:02pm

Yep they're 3/4 inch plastic pipes. (Now on the other side of my house I had galvanized and I did rebuild[align=center]http://sprinklertalk.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5851[/align] ) Where's the leakage coming from: good question, I'll try to narrow that down. But if I can't determine this for sure, maybe the best bet is buying the whole 2711APR? So: I cut off the old guys, glue in the new guys. Everyone ends up about an inch lower? Thanks! -- Jon

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 3:55pm

My system includes four 3/4" Richdel plastic antisiphon valves, similar to this: [align=center]http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/reviews/valves/irritrol-2713apr.jpg[/align] Looks like whoever did it knew what they were doing: raised 12" above ground, controlling four zones, three spray and one drip. But all four valves are probably 20 years old. And I am getting slight leakage from two of them. Tightening screws down no longer stops it. They work fine but they're leaking. 1. Should I replace th...

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 2:54pm

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for your recommendations and advice! I have replaced all three valves! Everything works! It solved the problem with the value controlling the drip. No more leakage. Now I'm getting more water on the plants and less on the sidewalk next to the valve And, the other two values on sprinklers are now not 20+ year old equipment waiting to fail. Testing showed the float kit was definitely part of the solution. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 1:55pm

RE: Why aren't people converting to Drip irrigation?

Quoted from "GatorGuy" We see it as a great benefit. Why the low interest? Well I did a drip conversion, and it was a pita and has since developed a troublesome valve which may be a result of low flow. I also had an original drip installation done in a different zone, and it went smoothly. Overall I'm glad I went to drip, it's really saving water and reducing weeds, but I can't say it was easy. On the other hand, if all the effort that went into the original spray installation had instead been ...

Monday, May 27th 2013, 1:01pm

drip conversion: valve problems

Quoted from "mrfixit" Just note if you need a 3/4" or a 1" before purchasing. Thanks much! The failing valve says RIchdel 3/4" adaptor although I notice it's not screwed directly into the brass, in between is (maybe) a 1" to 3/4" nut. Not sure if this makes a difference. Thanks again!

Friday, May 24th 2013, 8:42pm

I have no problem replacing a 20 year old part! It's plastic screwed into brass. Any recommendations on replacement part? And what's a float washer? Thanks! -- Jon

Friday, May 24th 2013, 12:14pm

What happens: the cycle starts, the valve opens, water starts leaking from the anti-siphon, nothing comes out of the emitters, pressure gradually builds, then the emitters start delivering water but slowly. Really puts the drip in drip, you might say. Yet if I bleed a little during the cycle, suddenly full pressure arrives and the emitters start to deliver as expected! But the problem returns with the next cycle. The valve is Richdel and I didn't change it when i converted to drip. The zone has ...