You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Monday, July 29th 2013, 6:08pm

Author: jmed999

Very Basic Irrigation Design Question....

I have a strip that is 90' by 5'. I'm going to use the Hunter MP strip rotary nozzles that are 5' x 15' for the ends and 5' by 30' for the side strip nozzles. Do I use all 7 nozzles all on the same side of the strip, 7 nozzles oscillating sides (so that every other nozzle is on the opposite side as the previous nozzle), or place 7 nozzles on one side and 7 nozzles on the other side? Which is the best answer for this design? Thanks!

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 7:56am

How to choose nozzles

I bought a house with a sprinkler system that is producing dry spots. I'm wanting to replace the nozzles with the correct GPM rates. They used 2 GPM nozzles on all rotors. I'm trying to use the following chart... Quick & Dirty Guide for Rotor Nozzle Selection 1. Find the section of the chart with your desired spacing. 2. Find the pattern (1/2, full circle,etc.) of the sprinkler. 3. The chart tells you the GPM the nozzle must have. 4. Use a nozzle size that comes close to matching both the PSI – ...

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 7:33am

Finding the GPM of an installed system...

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" You measure flow and pressure simultaneously, and create a chart of different flows and the pressures associated with them. The idea isn't to run every possible bit of flow, unless you have a lawn that is acres in size. Consider the possibility that the system was properly designed in the first place, as regards zone flow rates. Thanks for the quick reply! I'm filling out the rain bird design form and it asks for a GPM. So when filling out the form what GPM do I write do...

Wednesday, May 29th 2013, 6:05am

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" No part of a sprinkler system will tell you what the water supply is. You look only at the supply plumbing (meter, street pressure) Sorry, I'm confused. I was looking at the supply plumbing meter at the street and turning the sprinkler system on. The supply water meter gave me cubic feet which converted to 9.5 GPM with 1 zone on and 18 GPM with 2 zones on. -Is this a good way to determine the design GPM? -Would I use 9.5 or 18 GPM for my design GPM? Also, the main line o...

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 8:24pm

I have a 4 year old house and I'm trying to gather everything I can about the irrigation system so I can make some design adjustments. I'm trying to determine the GPM. When I do the bucket test under a hose bib I get about 4.5 GPM. I know there's more GPM coming through my zones. I had an idea.... I went to the water meter and turned 1 zone with the most rotors on it. I then timed the water meter to change by 1 cubic foot. This was very easy since the dial read in tenths of a cubic foot. With th...

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 8:15pm

Trying to determine my static pressure.

I went to my pressure regulator and the screw was adjusted in very far causing the pressure to get up to 90 PSI. After several adjustments I got the pressure gauge to read 55 PSI steady. SO the issure was the pressure regulator was way out of adjustment and out of range. Thanks for the help!

Monday, May 27th 2013, 8:08pm

Thanks for your time guys! I went out again and attached the gauge to all 3 spigots. They all varied over the 1st 5 minutes so I left it on each one for 30 minutes or so then came back to read it and it seemed to balance out at 90 PSI. It did that on all 3 spigots. I did this before I read your replies. My water heater is an instant gas heater that was off during the pressure measurements. Also, the pressure regulator is located right at my water meter so it's upstream from my spigots and the ir...

Monday, May 27th 2013, 7:49pm

Water Meter Size...

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense!

Monday, May 27th 2013, 4:01pm

Water Meter Size...

I'm filling out Rain Bird and Toro design forms and they ask for a water meter size. My water meter is a Badger model 25 and on the face it says it's a 5/8", 3/4"/ So on the form do I put down 5/8" or 3/4"? Thanks!

Monday, May 27th 2013, 3:55pm

Hey Guys (and Gals)! I'm trying to correct some issues with my current sprinkler system. I need to determine the static pressure. I have a pressure regulator for sure. I have found it so I know it's there. With all the water in and around the house off, I connected a pressure gauge to a spigot. When I turn the water on it reads 90 PSI. Over the next 5-10 minutes the reading goes down to about 60 PSI. On the form I'm writing the design info down on it asks for the static pressure. Since mine chan...