You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Friday, June 7th 2013, 11:24am

Author: jbeebo

Thanks!

Fantastic! Thanks for the link. I see Hunter XC hybrid has been tested and works with RainBird TSOB DC solenoids. I wonder about the DIG R710DC + DIG 30-921 combo, will it work too? It's cheaper than TSOB solenoids...but maybe I'm pushing it by using a Hunter controller, DIG solenoids and RainBird valves! More generally, all these battery operated controllers operate on 9V to 12V DC power source. Thus, I'm thinking the DC solenoids from one manufacturer _should be_ compatible with another's cont...

Friday, June 7th 2013, 11:06am

Why aren't people converting to Drip irrigation?

Thanks for comments Wet_Boots. Yes, I considered ASV location w.r.t. the emitters and generally know about the code requirements. The buried hard pipe supply line runs from the bottom of the hill to the top. At the top corner of the slope, ~16" above grade are the RainBird ASVF valves so they are the highest point in the system above all emitters. The filter is 155mesh (DIG filter assy , DIG filters). Thankfully I don't have an animal problem in my backyard, just 2 dogs a couple California Toads...

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 1:26pm

drip: sparsely planted slope made of clay soil

I installed a new system on the hill in my backyard. Drip was intended from start due to following considerations: -I live in hot dry climate of SoCal, and water in my town is very expensive. I.e. water efficiency a must. -slope is sparsely planted with mostly shrubs and drought tolerant plants. Don't need water everywhere, just here and there. -soil type is clay based. Max flow rate without surface run-off 2~4GPH. -anywhere water falls, weeds will sprout. It's a major PITA to clear weeds off th...

Thursday, June 6th 2013, 11:12am

Hunter XC Hybrid controller - what DC solenoids for RainBird ASVF valves?

I have the same basic question. Was going to purchase a Hunter XC Hybrid controller but want to actuate existing RainBird ASVF valves. What solenoid to use? I can't find a Hunter DC solenoid that is compatible with RB ASVF valves. RainBird makes TBOS DC solenoid which works in ASVF valve - but is it compatible with Hunter XCH controller? DIG makes R710DC DC solenoids, and they have DIG 30-921 adapters which fit into RB ASVF valves - but is that compatible with Hunter XCH controller?