You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Friday, June 18th 2004, 11:50am

Author: swegman

Low Pressure When Irrigation System is Running

The irrigation company came back to the house and tried switching heads, without success. This weekend, I will try to design a circuit that turns off the HVAC systems when the irrigation system is running. I believe I can tap into the aux. pump control output on the irrigation controller. According to the irrigation company, this output is normally used to control a well pump relay, and it becomes active (on) when the irrigation system is operating. I can design a circuit that senses the signal ...

Saturday, June 5th 2004, 7:50am

The irrigation company is coming back to the house on Monday to look at the system. Over the telephone, the guy suggested it may be necessary to install a booster pump. I suggested trying different heads first and possibly changing the zoning. He indicated that the first choice for locating a booster pump would be in the basement, after the pressure tank. Since my basement is actually a lower level, complete with bedroom, I am concerned about the noise of such a pump. Just how noisy are booster ...

Wednesday, June 2nd 2004, 5:07pm

I do have a RPZ valve, along with an in-line filter. The valves are Irritol 2400TB. 1 inch pvc schedule 40 is used up to the various pipes. 1 inch Poly pipe is used from each valve to the heads. Flow rates, depending on the zone, vary from about 5 gpm to approx. 12 gpm (if I recall correctly).

Tuesday, June 1st 2004, 5:38pm

I checked with Grundfos today, the maker of the pump in the well. According to them, at 32 gpm, the pump will produce a pressure of 35 psi. As the flow rate decreases, the pressure increases. It is not possible to increase the pressure from the pump beyond the 35 psi at a flow rate of 32 gpm. Unfortunately, the storage tank in the basement is approximately 10 to 18 feet lower than the heads. Thus, the water flow has to fight gravity. In addition, the supply lines to the heads have bends (the lin...

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 4:41pm

I have a well that is producing 30 gpm. This well is supplying water for the geothermal HVAC systems in my house (I am on public water for all other uses). When the HVAC systems are running, the water flow is approximately 18 gpm, and the pressure is approximately 40 psi. The relay on the storage tank is set to turn ON the pumop at 40psi, and to shut OFF at 60psi. I had an irrigation company install an irrigation system this past week. The irrigation company used a combination of Rainbird 1812 P...