You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, June 28th 2005, 6:13am

Author: beocop

PVB problem.

After a zone has completed its cycle. The PVB starts to gurgle and spew water from the bonnet in a cyclic manner. It does not reseal and repressurize. Also, the supply pipe is banging/thumping. What's the cause of the problem. Does it have to do with the PVB height with respect to the sprinkler head height (might not be 6"+ above heads)? Please help.

Thursday, June 3rd 2004, 3:01am

Tapping main line from the basement

<<<"After the backflow preventer, go through the wall ABOVE ground level. Once outside, include a Tee that leads to a drain valve that can also be used to blow out the system for the winter. Do all this with copper until you get to the valve maniflod.">> Thanks for the help. How do you protect the outside plumbing (copper) from freezing if it's above ground level? Would I have freezing problem if I shutoff the water to the outside during the winter and winterize the sprinkler syst...

Wednesday, June 2nd 2004, 10:43am

Tapping main line from the basement

Hi, I would like to tap the mainline from the basement, right after the basement shut-off valve. The plan is to: - install a Tee right after the basement shutoff valve, - connect the Tee to a DC valve, and - connect PVC from the DC valve thru the basement to the control valves outside. My main question is how and where to pass the piping through the basement wall (not a walk-out condition). Do I go above ground level? or under the ground level to the control valves? If I go above ground level, w...