You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 12:27pm

Author: Dennistnt

Valve not working

Thanks wet boots. I tried locating the valves in the neighboring zone with a wire locator, but didn't have any success. I was told the easiest way to locate the valve itself was to connect the locator to the common and valve wire after removing them from the timer. This would eliminate a signal from the wire itself. I'm pretty sure they aren't within 75-100' from the defective valve since its the one farthest away from the timer at the end of the line on a side strip of grass bordering a drivewa...

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 10:33am

Author: Dennistnt

Valve not working

One of 24 zone valves won't activate from the clock. I'm getting 24v output to the zone itself. I can activate the solenoid by connecting my Pro48 directly to it. When I connect the 48 to the common and zone wire at the timer I get an open circuit reading. I interpret this to mean there's a cut wire leading to this zone. If this is correct, can it be A) a cut in the zone wire between the timer and valve or B) a cut in the common between this valve and the valve closest to it? The bad valve is th...