You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Saturday, August 10th 2013, 11:29am

Author: stoorie

Attaching new risers?

Yes, that will work in some cases and in some cases I have had to remove the plant altogether as it was completely blocking the head with no option for me to attach a riser. If I was to do that with the all the heads that are causing a problem though there would be nothing left or it would look pretty decimated!! 4ft plants that are all shaped don't look good being brought down to 1ft tall, all I would be left with is bottom trunks and bare stems! It sounds like my options for the meantime is to...

Friday, August 9th 2013, 6:50pm

Attaching new risers?

Hi Wet Boots, thanks for the reply. Yes that was my first thought too originally, just to add pop ups on the lawn but unfortunately the strata doesn't want to pay for a company to come in and add anything to the system. Well, this year at least. They wanted me to try to get some solutions with what was there. I'm hoping to convince them to think about for next year and maybe get some quotes. We also have had little rain here for the month of June, none for July and August looks like no rain too....

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 10:55am

Attaching new risers?

Thanks for your reply. I am located in Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada. In response to the other two questions, I am not a certified installer and would have to do some research on the system they have in place to determine the answer about the backflow. They got the original installer back to try to revamp the system and the installer ended up putting the pop ups and rotors on top of 2 ft risers (half inch and three quarter threaded nipples) which in some cases are still not high enough ...

Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 5:38pm

Attaching new risers?

Hi, just new here. I have taken over maintenance of a patio home complex. The original irrigation system was in my opinion installed incorrectly and now there are many popups, that rise up 6 inches, now hitting shrubs that have grown in some cases up to 5 ft. This resulting in lawn areas not getting enough or any water. The heads were installed behind the shrubs with the lawn areas being in front of the shrubs and so the lawn areas are not getting enough overlap. I have been trying to lift the r...