You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 7:21pm

Author: BigAlT

Rain Machine

You can set the actual days the RainMachine will water ( I have mon, wed & fri ) using the Weekdays option under frequency in programs. I contacted Dragos in RainMachine customer service regarding having a water all zones option in Manual Watering. He replied that they are working on adding that as an option under manual watering. I suggested that they also add the ability to select multiple zones in manual watering if you want to water more than 1 but not all zones for the same period of time (...

Saturday, August 31st 2013, 1:35pm

Cyber-Rain

The stats page doesn't help much except to show the percentage of savings on a day it actually waters. On every other day, whether it's scheduled or not, it shows a 100% savings. Your controller is obviously basing its decisions on the " historical averages " ( since, at least for me, I'm not able to uncheck the use historical averages box on my controller web page ) as does mine. Since Cyber-Rain doesn't adjust watering times based on the actual daily weather reports as they advertise it will d...

Friday, August 30th 2013, 6:58pm

Cyber Rain

You're obviously having a more serious issue with the controller than I described. My controller would water on any day I set. It would just water an amount based on some type of historical data using the same percentage of water savings each time it watered only changing the percentage once for each quarter. You need to phone Cyber-Rain customer service. You might have a hardware problem. Also, I wouldn't say it works flawlessly if it doesn't water at all on days you've set and you have to run ...

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 1:56pm

ET Data

I can still foresee potential problems if the weather data that the ET app ( when you finally develop and update the controllers with it ) on the controller is using comes from your servers rather than NOAA directly.

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 1:20am

RE: RE: Bluespray not ET based at time of release

Quoted Sir, you are mis-informed. BlueSpray controller has more than enough horse power to run Et algorithtm natively on the controller. The reason why Et is not high on our priority list is because we haven't seen a significant market acceptance to spend our resources on it right now. If we make an analogy, we would be like a "hybrid" controller. We have the ultimate "green" technology in mind, but we don't think the market is ready for it, so we offer a "hybrid" model. With flexible, granular...

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 11:16am

ET

From what I can tell, the ET data doesn't actually cost anything. It's calculated from various types of data such as humidity, solar radiation, temperature and the type of plant. The companies that charge a subscription for the weather data are really charging for their server use along with their support for analyzing the weather data for your site ( or micro climate or local area depending on what their data source is ) and transmitting it to your controller. When I lived in CA I had an Orange...

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:23am

RE: RE: Bluespray not ET based at time of release

Quoted From Serpico "Rain machine is not Et enabled either. What it does is look at the forecast and makes its own calculation. How accurate it is, no one knows, probably as good as the forecast. According to their documentation, it uses qpf data, which basically is a predicted rain falls for an area over a long period of time. So if your area normally has 20" of rain of the year, and it has rained 10 so far, you only need 10" for the rest of the year. Well, 10" in the 1st month will make your g...

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 1:06am

RainMachine Owner

I just installed a RainMachine ( replacing a CyberRain Pro Cloud Controller which didn't actually vary the watering times based on daily downloaded weather forecasts as it advertises it does but only varies them quarterly based on some sort of historical data ). While I've only had the RainMachine installed for 5 days, I did check to see if it actually varied the watering times based on it's daily calculated watering percentage ( you set the watering time for each zone at what it would require o...

Wednesday, August 21st 2013, 11:32pm

Bluespray not ET based at time of release

According to the Bluespray FAQ it is not ET enabled though they state they plan to add this feature in the future ( like the cyber rain it will be calculated on Bluesprays servers with the problems inherent therein ). There is also no programming possible from the unit itself, only thru their browser GUI. Take a look at the RainMachine. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Wednesday, August 21st 2013, 10:45pm

Cyber Rain Doesn't use the downloaded Weather Data

I've had a Weather Trak, a Weathermatic, an ET Water Smart Controller and for the last year, a Cyber Rain Pro Cloud Controller. The Cyber Rain seemed to work well and support was responsive. After I read the above review I checked my Stats Page and discovered that the controller wasn't using the daily weather to adjust watering times at all. Since July 1 it was watering at 100% every time it watered. I called Customer support and was told the same story about the problem only happening since Jun...