You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 4:26pm

Author: betsycam

Water won't shut off - Irritrol Rain Dial RD-600-R

Help -we're going nuts here! We bought a house with the above system installed, six stations. There are three sets of two valves. We had been having trouble with the set outside our bedroom window, solenoids making noises keeping us up at night. I replaced both solenoids and that temporarily fixed the problem, but then one was making a hissing noise and water was dribbling 24/7 along the driveway and at the fruit trees (I think they are the same station), so I replaced one of the solenoids again...

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 12:59pm

Fixed!

I figured it out! When I unwired the whole thing and had the water on, the circuit was still open, watering the trees...So, I figured maybe the solenoid was bad, even though it was a new one! So, swapped in another one and sure enough, that did the trick! So, if anyone has a similar problem, think bad solenoid. I thought it behaved like it was stuck open, but since this was a brand new solenoid, I thought wiring instead...this was an easier fix to be sure! Betsy

Sunday, September 1st 2013, 11:59am

Newbie here - need help with wiring

Hello, We bought a home that has a Rainbird system installed, and forgive me for not knowing correct terminology, but it has four Irritrol anti-siphon valves installed in various places. Far as I can tell, there are at least five different sections set up. Recently, one of the solenoids was making shorting noises outside our window, so replaced a solenoid since it looked pretty old and ratty. That didn't fix it - and on further inspection I found we had rodent damage to the wires and they were s...