You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Tuesday, August 26th 2014, 4:47pm

Author: bassadict69

PVC joints breaking loose on intake pipe!

Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Consider a different material, like flexible schedule 40 PVC pipe for the intake. You can find it at suppliers who service the koi pond trade. Swimming pool plumbing also uses it. The dimensions allow it to be glued into sch 40 PVC fittings, and there are also some special ($$$) barbed fittings it can be clamped over. It is capable of enduring winter temperatures (after you drain the above-water portion) I will look into that...

Tuesday, August 26th 2014, 4:46pm

Maybe once a year will temps get below freezing and stay a few days...that is a BIG maybe. Normal winters, we may have temps slightly below freezing but rebound above freezing during the day.

Tuesday, August 26th 2014, 2:53pm

I guess I will pulling the whole thing out of the lake to fix it! DANG! I don't guess there is anything out there that works underwater?

Tuesday, August 26th 2014, 12:32pm

I have 2" pvc ran approximately 30' out into the lake for the intake on my pump. Several times I have had joints come apart somehow. Regardless of what I have tried or what glue I have tried, I continue to have problems. Any ideas or suggestions?

Tuesday, April 29th 2014, 1:14pm

Plumbing size to valves and sprinklers?

I will get a design from someone like Rainbird, then check back. As for my pump, I spent lots of time asking neighbors, riding around in my boat looking at pumps on peoples docks, etc. No one out here is using anything special...lots of the home depot and lowes pumps. My next door neighbor has a lot more to water than I and his HD pump is kicking ass on a daily basis! How long they last remains to be seen. Thanks everyone for the help so far...I know best scenario would be to hire someone to ins...

Monday, April 28th 2014, 1:58pm

Quoted from "Cdairrtech" The info you will need to know to make this work are: - what is the elevation difference between the pump and where the heads and valves are? 5-6 ft at the highest which is also the farthest point - what will the water pressure and volume be at that elevation? You will need to find the pump curve of that pump to know. Otherwise, you will need to run the line up the hill, stick a tee on the end with a manual valve on one side and a pressure gauge on the other. Flip the p...

Monday, April 28th 2014, 1:27pm

Finish activation

I have...not there either!

Monday, April 28th 2014, 6:34am

Finish activation

I can post here, but still have a message at the top of the page saying I need to finish activation to be able to use all features of this site. I never rec'd the email and have tried having it resent several times. What do I need to do?

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 4:10pm

I will have to measure the longest run to be exact, but close to 150ft. As for the flow rate of the zones, I have no clue...How would I find that out since my zones have not been set up yet. Right now, it is looking like 4 zones with 4-5 heads per zone.

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 9:10am

I am slowly piecing together an irrigation system. I have a Red Lion 2hp centrifugal pump pumping water from the lake, it has a 2" suction and a 1 1/2" discharge. I currently have the discharge simply ran off the pump to a garden hose spigot on my dock and teed off to a fish cleaning table. I am now ready to extend the discharge up to my yard to a valve setup. Should I stay with 1 1/2" to the valves then reduce to 1" throughout the yard? Or stay with 1 1/2" throughout the yard?

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 8:02am

Red Lion Pumps?

Needing opinions on a 2hp Red Lion centrifugal pump...it will be used to draw lake water to be used for a fish cleaning station and an irrigation system.