You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Sunday, September 15th 2013, 2:30am

Author: wmross

Backflow device for well application

I live in a rural area in Texas. I am installing a 3 station system that will be expanded to 9 stations in the spring. My well feeds a pressure tank that has an operating pressure of 30-50 psi. What type of backflow device will be best in this scenario?

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 9:11pm

help with soaker system around house slab

Linear absorption was a major factor in my decision to use the gravel but I am also concerned that the heavy clay soil will clog the emmitters. My thought is that the gravel may prevent this from happening.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 9:18pm

final decision

In coastal Texas the houses are built on a 4" concrete slab. This slab basically sits right on top of the ground. We have very high clay content in our soil. If you think about clay it will shrink when dry and swell when wet. In this area we are in a severe drought which has made the ground shrink alot. I have cracks in my yard that are 2" wide due to lack of water. In the winter we tend to get large quantities of rain which cause the ground to swell. Now think of that 4" slab of concrete sittin...

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 4:23pm

help with soaker system around house slab

I am installing an emmitter line around my slab to help with shifting or settling. This was suggested by an engineer that I met. I have assembled all of the equipment needed, but I do have one question. I am going to bury the line 12" from the slab and 12" underground. I have alot of clay in my soil so I am concerned with absorption. My question is should I put a layer on sand or pea gravel on around the emmitter line?