You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

Tuesday, October 31st 2006, 8:25pm

Author: OscarNav

Blowing out questions....

Well this is mainly about the time i have to do this. Last week it was still VERY warm here in Idaho, but with this cold front moving in, yesterday night and tonight will get to about 17 degress give or take a few degrees. The next days, lows are suppose to be back up to around 35-38. Has my system been ruined..? I actually shut the main water feed OFF, about 3 days before these low teen temps, and opened all the valves manually. I didn't have a chance this past saturday to blow out...someone be...

Saturday, June 17th 2006, 12:18am

Rainbird 5000...which nozzle?

Try the Beige MPR nozzles, their for 35' of throw, I personally use the green 30' footers, same scenario, i'm on a well, but only have 4 heads per zone or 2 Full 1 full...2 Halfs 3 Halfs....1 1/3 These numbers will make sense once you read about these nozzles.

Saturday, June 17th 2006, 12:13am

Maxi-Paws

Take it from me (Had Maxi Paws) and was disgusted with them. Same problem, Failed to trip the return, even on the sensitive setting. Took them all out, Ebayed them and replaced with RB 5000 Plus gear drives, AWESOME head, nice rain curtain tech, SAM filters if needed, and the MPR nozzles are a must....I have had REALLY good luck at 30' (foot) spacing at about 43-50 psi. As a matter of fact, i'm expanding my system and adding three more zones composed of these rotor heads as we speak, (type). I'm...

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 2:07pm

Sprinklers and Lawn Tractor....?

I have a system composed of RB 5000 Plus rotors. My lawn is big enough that i need a lawn tractor to get it done. My question is, will running over the heads ruin them. I try to avoid them when possible, but sometimes when i space off i do run them over. Any input from you guys greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:01pm

Rainbird 5000 Plus with MPR nozzles...

Rewarding you ask...? Definately. I was contemplating hiring a professional to do this work, lowest quote was $1400 plus, just to retro fit my existing system. This does not include the price of the rotors and Hunter pro C.

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 5:59pm

Very interesting...I can see how it would be time consuming to change nozzles in every gear driven sprinkler, but i can also see its very much worth it if you can save water from not overwatering your corners (or even your pressure from well installations as myself). I will go ahead and try these nozzles and report back on this thread in a few weeks or so, i yet to turn my system fully on, it has been raining ALOT these past few weeks here in Burley, Idaho. Last year i converted a few of my zone...

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 10:29am

drpete, Wetboots, Nestors, none of you use these nozzles...? I see your comments almost on a daily basis, just wondering what you guys think of these MPR nozzles.

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 10:49pm

I am just curious.......does any contractor here or individuals use the Matched Percipitation Rate (MPR) nozzles on their installs..? I just went through an entire reconfiguration on my system and was contemplating these nozzles (GREEN 30'). It seems logical to use these nozzles to achieve same water laydown from a 1/4 to Full circle on my lawn, but i haven't heard much on these nozzles from this forum...I also figured if they were that great, MANY people would mention these nozzles more frequen...

Tuesday, May 10th 2005, 7:38pm

Funny Pipe Questions...?

I ended up buying Rainbird funny pipe (3/8") and the RB fittings...They work awesome. My longest run is about 4 1/2 feet from the riser, Thanks to all who responded.

Wednesday, April 27th 2005, 9:31pm

Funny Pipe Questions...?

WOW...genuine funny pipe is only 3/8 of an inch...? I thought it was at least 1/2 inch and here i was concerned with 3/4" being too small. Does this funny pipe and fitting cause much problems...? Clogging, kinks, others i don't know about? Does anybody else have more input to this matter, So far, Thanks for the replies.

Wednesday, April 27th 2005, 5:12pm

Funny Pipe Questions...?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i> <br />What are you guys talking about? I dont think there is such a thing as 3/4 funny pipe. Are you talking about poly pipe? Poly comes in 1/2 3/4 1 1.25 and larger. Funny pipe is more like 3/8 inch. And 3/4 poly is fine for laterals but if the rest of the system is 1 in then just use 1in poly for the laterals. <hr height="1" noshade id="q...

Wednesday, April 27th 2005, 4:50pm

Pre built Manifold question....

Thank you guys, you guys put my doubts(sp) to rest.

Tuesday, April 26th 2005, 6:50pm

Funny Pipe Questions...?

I did a search for the answer here on the forums but did not find it.... What size Funny pipe do you guys recommend to use...? I saw a roll of 3/4" at home depot and was leaning towards using it. I figured i'd be losing less water flow and pressure than using the 1/2" funny pipe. All my T's and elbows have 3/4" risers installed (1" laterals, ) so it would be really easy to re-locate my sprinklers heads. This brings up my second question. I will be having 6 RB 5000 Plus rotors on this zone (Appro...

Monday, April 18th 2005, 8:53am

Valve box Location...Question about water.

I plan on having a 6" valve box directly inline with 2 of my RB 5000 plus rotors. Question i have is, Will the water that lands on top of the box damage the Irritrol valve, being the valve box has a hole to lift up the cover. The wires will be connected with water proof connectors, but the water will still find it's way inside the valve box, won't it?

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 8:59pm

Pre built Manifold question....

I bought a new set up to build a new manifold (Action Machine Manifold) for my irritrol valves. That said, do i need to use teflon tape on the threads (male end) that serves as a union or is the "O" ring it comes with sufficient to seal properly? Please let me know what you guys do in these situations...Thanks.

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 8:54pm

Outside timer for inside use...? Hunter Pro C

I came across a really good deal on a new Hunter pro C controller, only problem is that is is for outside use....I want my controller in my basement, can i make this work for me? Does it have a wall plug in or a slot for batteries for it to work....? Thanks.

Monday, April 11th 2005, 3:19am

Installing Valve too close to a Rotor head...

Is there a set limit i should follow when installing a Rainbird 5000 Plus rotor head. One of my zones, i will probably have to install 3 rotors two 1/2 circle 30' MPR's and one FULL, for a total of 3 rotors wich keeps me well under my GPM's at about 45 PSI of pressure...Just wondering, will having a rotor too close to a valve damage it in any way? Thanks.

Monday, April 4th 2005, 11:37pm

Re-configure valve manifold Questions?

Hi there, i was wondering if you guys can answer a few questions i have. Just recently i decided to replace all my Valves from Orbit to Irritrol 2400T. I was just wondering if those BUILT Orbit Manifolds that Home Depot sell are any good? I currently have galvanized pipe (fittings) that make up my manifold and all 5 valves are in one JUMBO valve box. I was hoping to re-fabricate this manifold to accomidate (Sp) less valves per valve box and at the same time use a good quality Valve and Manifold ...

Thursday, March 31st 2005, 11:26pm

Maxi-Pawl Heads

Just my personal experience with the Maxi Paws...they are a HEADACHE. I have a system that had 23 of these impact heads, i ended up replacing them with Rainbirds 5000 plus rotors. Too much maintenance (cleaning) with the Maxi paws...kept getting stuck, they would not trip the return mechanism. I blamed it on low pressure, so i reconfigured my system (less heads per zone) this increased my pressure to about 45psi, i still had the same problem, not as often, though. I ended up pulling all of these...