You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 12:14pm

Author: snmhanson

Splitting Risers

That's what I was thinking, however, I really don't have any alternative to get water there. My only thought is that I would have only one spray head with strip valve covering the area. Maybe two but I wouldn't have them overlap more than a foot or so. If I'm getting double to triple coverage with the rotors spaced head to head maybe it will be close. I haven't looked at the precipitation rate of the pop ups with strip heads yet. Maybe I'll do that right now... Matt

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 5:23am

Splitting Risers

I recently installed a system at our house and everything seems to be working as planned for the most part. One issue I am having, however, is an area of about 30' wide by 6' deep not getting water. This was expected as we were going to just put rocks or bark there but now we decided it would be nice to have grass. This is directly next to a zone with rotors and three rotors are on the edge of the zone right next to the unwatered area. So my question is, can I T off from the funny pipe on those ...

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 4:44pm

Puddling Around Rotor Heads

It starts as soon as the zone is energized. It's almost like water is spraying at too low of an angle which causes it to saturate the ground around the head. I also see water trickling down on some of the sprinklers kind of like something is blocking part of the spray. Like I said though, I checked all of the nozzle adjustment screws to make sure they were not blocking the flow. Some water also runs out of some of the heads after the zone is shut off but this is not what is causing the puddling ...

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 7:56am

Puddling Around Rotor Heads

I'm not sure if this is a common/accepted problem or not. I just installed quite a few Hunter I-20 rotors and when I run them I get puddles directly around many of them. Other than that they seem to be working great. I've adjusted the nozzle screw and made sure all of the nozzles are pushed in all the way but it didn't really help. I can't see a noticable difference between the heads that do puddle and the ones that don't. I'm not sure what will happen once I get the grass planted but right now ...

Thursday, July 1st 2004, 8:36pm

Leaky Swing Joints

Great, thanks for the input. I will do just that (bury it and leave it). I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something that needed to be corrected before finishing the system or not. Thanks again! Matt

Wednesday, June 30th 2004, 2:15pm

Leaky Swing Joints

I just finished making all of the connections in a pretty large sprinkler project (55 rotors and ~2,300 feet of pipe) at my house. Everything seems to be working pretty much how I had planned EXCEPT there is one little annoyance that is driving me crazy. I am getting VERY consistant leaking at almost all of my swing joints. These leaks are mostly a constant drip about every second and do not materially impact the sprinkler performance. The leaks mainly happen at the threads where the ell is conn...

Saturday, June 19th 2004, 4:18am

Fertigator Questions

I am installing a sprinkler system at our house to cover our 20,000 sf lawn which will be planted soon. I have installed everything up to the valves including a FertiPro M-1. I am going to finish up the zones and make the final connection to the water source this week but I have a couple questions relating to the Fertigator. First, I am a little concerned about using the Fertigator in my system right now because I have a double check backflow device and I've heard they are not the most reliable....