You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 12:14pm

Author: jmd4j

Grass Runway/Airstrip Design...Need Help!

I'm in the southeastern portion of TN in a rural area, about half way between Nashville and Chattanooga. It still gets pretty chilly in the dead of winter, so freezing is of a slight concern. Codes wise...I haven't checked on anything with this but building codes wise, there's not a whole lot of it around here.

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 11:23am

The power source is almost at the same location as where I have the spigot marked. There is actually a well (hand dug) only about 10 feet from where the spigot is marked also. It is 30 feet deep and used to feed the house back in the day. I don't have a clue on what the capacity or anything is in it, but we sometimes use a small submersible pump in the summer to water a garden and have never ran out yet. That was using a pretty low flow rate, so probably not a good indicator of what could come o...

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 2:34pm

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here. I was able to get my flow rate and its right at 400 GPH, or 6.66 GPM. There is actually a 6 inch water line running perpendicular across/through the strip right on the bottom side of the dried up pond in the previous photo. This would probably be my best bet but was trying to shy away from getting another meter installed, but that's not a showstopper. Thanks again for your help so far in this!

Thursday, October 24th 2013, 1:53pm

I haven't been able to get the flow numbers yet, as I won't be there to measure until Saturday or so. It's on city water. I know the meter is 3/4, but not sure about the main line. I think the main is only an inch, but could be wrong. I wouldn't be against placing the sprinkler heads in the middle also if they were somewhat tough and flush with the ground. It's not like it's going to see that many operations on a frequent basis anyway. The weight of the tire is only around 300 lbs and would cros...

Tuesday, October 22nd 2013, 10:11pm

Hello all, I'm wanting to install a relatively cheap/inexpensive irrigation system for my grass runway, of which I have attached a photo of. The google map photo is old, as I have it completed as of now. I need all the help I can get, as this is my first foray into underground irrigation! I'm not looking for any type of computerized/automated system right now, I plan on just having a on/off valve and no other electric valves at this time. I may go ahead and run the wiring when I dig my trench, b...