You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Friday, March 14th 2014, 6:28pm

Author: trouble shooter

Weathermatic T-3 rotors

Customer of mine has a system with the t-3 weathermatic rotors on it, after the years (20) roughly, the system has mixed rotors and nozzles. I am replacing them with the rain bird 5000 series. I looked up the turbo 3 rotors and the new nozzle tree has blue nozzles with no number 5 nozzle?? why is there no number 5 nozzle? I have one rotor I took off and it has a black number 5 nozzle. I figured gpm is around 3.75 for the number 5, but I was just curious on why no number 5 nozzle on the new tree?...

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 10:20pm

irritrol valves

Irritrol valves can be very tricky to rebuild you must make sure that every part you replace is put in exactly the way they are supposed to sit or else you will have issues. take it apart again and make sure you have enough room to see the diaphragm sitting correctly.

Monday, November 11th 2013, 9:14pm

Zone not working

I would look around the yard for obvious areas that might have been dug up for prior repairs, before I ran new wires, unless its a close run? also, did you check if you had a splice box ? at your controller what type of wires do you have ? are they the same as your wires at the valves? if not you may have a valve box near your controller that has nothing but wire splices. if you do, check all your connections there first. make sure every connection is good. this box is usually under the controll...

Monday, November 4th 2013, 9:11pm

zone not working

before you start digging there is a test to see if your wires are shorting out or grounding out. get you ohm meter and set it to 10k or 200k what ever your meter has, get a separate wire, enough to reach your grass, strip the insulation off about 4" stick it in the ground as deep as you can. get the other side and strip it about 1/2" take that end to the controller then take the wires to the zone that are giving you problems off of the controller, the zone wire and the common wire ( the white wi...

Monday, November 4th 2013, 8:53pm

zone not working

what type of valve is it? what type of controller is it? what type of wires are ran the red and white one's or the thin multi color wires?

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 11:18pm

wire issues

yes sir, it was a bad splice under an oak tree that was earthing out as well, I had to run new wires to the valves under jasmine... the perfect spot for valves. haha! I did the wire to ground test and got a resistance reading witch tells me that it was an earh fault. when you do this test it should read open line. after that it was all about digging and pot holing to see if I can get as close as I can to the valves.. oh did I mention the weathertragic solenoids ohmed out good but were bad... hey...

Sunday, October 27th 2013, 8:31pm

trouble shooting wires

If anyone can help me clarify a wire issue I would appreciate it. ok, a property of mine had a zone that was not activating. I traced it and finally got it going. BUT, here is the funny part. when the zone stays off for a couple of minutes I can not ohm the solenoid out, it reads open line. BUT when I run the zone it works and if I shut it off and quickly ohm it out, it ohm's out between 63-74 ohm's, I know that's high cause a weather matic is between 28-34 ohm's. my theory is I have another nic...