You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 11:24am

Author: tenchains

Zone two does not shut off

I bought a new rainbird controller. It was working great. I had not been shutting it off after manually watering. I just let the timer close ot then forgot about it. Well I went to turn it off later and zone two came on and will not shut off except when I shut the water off in the basement. I even put the controller back on station two and ran it for a 3 minute and no change. I checked the connection at the controller and it is in there good. I could use some ideas on how to address this please.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:00pm

Want to replace Richdel 446 pri

Thank you all. I bought and installed the Rainbird per suggestion. It took all of 15 minutes. Thanks alot. All zones working 10-8 and great!

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 9:06pm

Water in the valve box

Yea they are jar top. I disassembled one to clean out the diaphragm which was fouled. It worked. I installed the solenoids over a month ago same time as the diaphragm cleaning. I can double check the solenoid o rings, and the tightness of the jar cap. I just don't know why it would have begun now after it was running fine for over a month. I have no heads near the box and the water went down minutes after closing the main.. TY

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 5:05pm

Water in the valve box

On top of my issue if having a failing controller a new issue has presented itself today. I noticed water in front of the valve box. I opened it to find it flooded and the valves underwater. I shut down the water and unplugged the controller. I thought maybe this could be a controller issue, but I don't know if could be. Can somebody please throw me some 411?! The solenoids are all new. They were replace a couple of months ago. The system was working, and the box has not been flooded until just ...

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 8:32pm

Want to replace Richdel 446 pri

Here is a PIC of my existing controller. And then two pics of controllers I may use to replace as mine is shot. I am just wondering about the wire hook up. It looks like the four wires on the terminals are the 4 zones. I am not sure what the white wire or the black wires on the terminals are or where they go on the new box.

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 7:49pm

Raising a pop up with riser or taller pop up

In our flower beds lots of our pops ups seem to be hitting the backs of plants that have grown larger over the years. I was wanting to know if raising the height of the pop up could help. I am just afraid that when I raise it that it is going to shoot way over the plants into the yard. Any tips on height or spray pattern for raising pop ups is appreciated.

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 6:46am

Richdel 446pri failing

My zones have a difficult time staying on when turned on. Sometimes it takes five minutes to get them running. I replaced solenoids and checked for wiring issues. I asked a neighbor who had same box and they had to have a new controller installed to solve the problem. I found this link about my controller box. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=285202 It kind of stinks because I was hoping to replace it myself with the same box so that I could see where all of the wires go and hook it up e...

Monday, June 9th 2014, 7:50pm

BUMP for added info and help

I opened the controller. I found one wire nut was loose. The ground wire is attached to the box but is not attached to anything else...see pic please....i have four wires connected in pairs by two wire nuts. My question is should the ground wire be tied into one of those wire nuts, and if so which one....?

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 9:01pm

Stations have a hard time staying on

Not to discount what you say because it does make sense. Could the problem be the timer box itself? I can see where all connections are in timer box, and in valve box, and I think that I can follow those wires fairly easily the whole way from the timer box to the valve box. I am going to do this as soon as I have time to see if they are frayed anywhere, but I don't think there are splices between the two boxes. That said I was thinking when I posted this that the answer was going to be "It's you...

Friday, June 6th 2014, 1:11pm

Just now zone one had a new problem. It would not shut off. Even when I unplugged the control box. I had to turn off the water since I was leaving. I will turn it back on now, and see where it stands. I did open the control box, and only two wire nut connections in there. Also in the valve box there are grease boots on all connections.

Wednesday, June 4th 2014, 6:25am

For three years now I have had trouble turning on my stations. Some seem worse than others. I have a RIchdel control box. I push down the switch to manual, and the zone comes on, and then shuts off. I timed it today. Sometimes it took 3 seconds, and once it went 54 seconds then shut off. I finally got it running after 8 minutes of fighting it. More thanone zone does this. I was sure that my solenoids were going bad. So I replaced all four. I was very surprised when the problem remained. This sti...

Wednesday, June 4th 2014, 6:18am

Richdel valve leaking at solenoid

Thanks I did clean off the diaphragm, and now it works.

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 8:09pm

Richdel valve leaking at solenoid

I replaced all four solenoids. My Richdel Valve is leaking at the solenoid, and making a loud noise like a grumbling at the same time. I have the top off of it now, but I am unsure about removing the rubber diaphragm. I guess I will try it. Any tips please post.

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 10:48am

All zones turning on after winter

I turned on the water after winter. Zone one came on when it is shutoff in the control box. I looked into the valve box, and on valve was leaking where the solenoid screws in. I replaced all four solenoids because they were failing over the past few years. Now when I turn the main water on all four zone try turning on at the same time even though they are turned off inside the control box. The Valves and control box are Richdel. I have a Wilkins 420 vacuum breaker. Everything worked when it was ...