You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 6:46pm

Author: PJS

Need help - Low Pressure on 2 of 3 Zones

Yippee! I found a gushing leak! I let zone 1 run for an hour and took a walk through the zone and finally found a mushy spot. Because of time, I wasn't able to completely un-bury it and inspect it, so tomorrow I will do so, but what I discovered so far is that it is a spray head that was sunk deep and located near the street and was not attached with flex pipe but straight on the PVC. It was probably run over at some point. I am predicting I will have a similar outcome when I run zone 2 for an h...

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 5:03pm

I just tested the pressure tank because I thought it could be the problem. It's a 2 gallon tank with a pre-charge of 28 psi. I tested the psi and it was only 15 so I pumped it up to 28 again. There was no difference in the performance of the two problematic zones after that. So pressure tank is ruled out. The possibilities at this point are: two bad leaks or a lowered water table in the ground as initially suggested by Wet Boots. Any other ideas? I will search more for leaks, but am seriously do...

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 11:19pm

So basically, if the water table has dropped, that would mean the two zones that are requiring more water are pumping water at a rate faster than the well is replenishing? If that is correct, one thing confuses me still: why would the problematic zones not build pressure when all their heads are capped? Could it have anything to do with the total area of pipe being used? Zone 3, the working zone, is the closest to the valves. The other 2, while they have heads nearby, travel all the way around t...

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 7:23pm

This is a sprinkler system that came with my house bought in 2012 and I recently decided to test it out. It is now a big project for me and I wish I never turned it on to test it because I am absorbed by it and becoming frustrated. I have 3 sprinkler zones running off a 3/4 HP well pump and it is separate from the home well system. The pump has a flow of 10 GPM and I confirmed this with the 5-gallon bucket test multiple times. The pump kicks on at 30 PSI and off at 50 PSI. Zone 3 is the backyard...