You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, June 20th 2014, 7:16pm

Author: Texas Tarheel

Remote Valve location

The system was installed several years ago and we only know of two remote valves. Each controls one separate zone. I do not know of any way that the other zones can operate without some mechanical apparatus that regulates the water flow to the differing zones. (I do not know of anything that fulfills this purpose other than a remote valve.) Today I have been digging around each of the heads in the problem zone. My thinking is to determine how each head branches from the secondary water line. The...

Friday, June 20th 2014, 11:15am

One zone continues does NOT have a valve - wiring

Thank you, Wet Boots. This is an indoor controller. There is one wire to each zone, and two wires to COM. There are no wires to MV or YT. Also, the rain sensor was not connected so there are no wires there. The only other wires are the 120V connector and the battery back up. I am very sure there are only two remote valves and each only controls one zone. I say that because when I manually turn on the valve only the heads in one zone come on. Also, the wiring in the valve box is only for one zone...

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 8:33pm

One zone continues does NOT have a valve

System has 9 zones with Rainbird ESP modular controller. Only two zones have remote valves. One of the other zones is seeping at each head. Any suggestions on what might cause this? So far I have reset the controller and replaced the first head in the zone. Then I ran the zone manually, shut it down, and ran the next in order. When the second ran, the first continued to run also. (Yes, I, too, wish they had installed a valve for each zone when they built the system.)