You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, July 21st 2014, 9:14pm

Author: JumPinJimMie

update

The problem has been found. I changed out the wiring from the contr4ol box to the valves. While I was removing the old wire ( it ran up from my basement between the rafters to outside), we found a spot on the wire where it had rubbed through and was intermittently contacting the staple. Once the new wire was put in the problem stopped. We think the short was causing the valve to open and close randomly.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 4:10pm

update

Ok, I opened the zones manually, by turning the bleed screw open, and almost every zone would hammer. How do I check the voltage for 24v from the transformer? There are 8 zones and the majority have 4 rotors with 1.5 gpm nozzles. I have one zone that is for the flower beds and its using 8 pop up sprayer (not rotors). I'm going to attach pictures of the system. Also have called my irrigation district to have them come check my pressure, flow rate, and back flow. Ive changed everything but the con...

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 12:21am

Update

Yes, its using a control box. Ok, I tried reducing the amount of water used for each zone by changing out all the rotor sprayers with Rainbird professionals 5000 using a 1.5 gpm nozzle (down from the standard 3 gpm). We then cut out the 8 valve manifold and built our own. We used rain bird valves. When removing the old manifold we found on the end of the "T", buried in the dirt, a little drain with screen. I was surprised because looking more closely at this, it looks like a really small check v...

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 11:27pm

sprinkler chatter/water hammer when running?

Hello, I'm having issues with my sprinkler system. When the system turns on it will start hammering (extremely loud and fast on house water line). The only way to stop it is to turn the water off or turn the sprinkler system off. When the hammering starts water is coming out the anti siphon. I've put a new siphon on, and added a backflow valve below it. Ive cleaned around the valves and took 7 of 8 valves apart and cleaned. All this work has not fixed the issue? Any help would be appreciated.