You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 11:02am

Author: lind

Legacy Irritrol Solenoids

All, After letting my system bake for almost 2 weeks. I found that I'm still getting air into my system. When I bleed the air out the system works fine. Looks like I will need to add some sort of air release.

Monday, August 11th 2014, 12:54pm

I finally bought a kit and replaced the bonnet, diaphragm and solenoid. I also changed out my fountain head to one that restricts more than the last one. So far it's been working for 2 days. Looks Like I had 2 issues pressure and bad/legacy solenoid. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all your help.

Friday, August 8th 2014, 6:09pm

I probably was doubling up on the o-rings. Will report back with my findings.

Friday, August 8th 2014, 6:08pm

I bought just the solenoid, the guy at the counter said this is the one. The box description said for irritrol. I'm not sure if I removed the other o-ring which sits in the spot where you screw in the solenoid. The part of the solenoid that screws into the valve is much longer than the original. Thanks for the tip, I will try installing without the o-ring. I will try that today and report back and post pictures of both solenoids.

Friday, August 8th 2014, 4:43pm

Mrfixit, Is there a place I can get some of the old valves to get the solenoids ?

Friday, August 8th 2014, 4:18pm

I tried that it didn't work. The shaft, the threads are on is too long. The original solenoid threaded shaft is half the length. So if you put both solenoids side by side the tip where the threads are, the original is about 50% shorter if that makes sense. I will post a picture of both when I get home.

Friday, August 8th 2014, 12:30pm

Here's the picture I hope the reduced pixels you can see the image.

Friday, August 8th 2014, 12:24pm

The valves are gray. They do not say irritrol that I can find. I have replaced the diaphram once, so I believe it's an irritrol. I cant post a picture. I can't get the file size below 20k.

Friday, August 8th 2014, 9:18am

I have inherited an older I believe irritrol sprinkler system. The solenoids online/in store do not work as replacements. The threads on the older solenoids are very short. The new replacements the threads are much longer and won't screw in tight. Can you find older solenoids ? Or bite the bullet and replace the whole valve ?