You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

Thursday, November 6th 2014, 8:24am

Author: irrigirl

rainjet valve leaking

Is it an in line or anti-siphon? The only in-line valve left is the 54048. Parts are no longer supported. You would have to buy the whole valve and take parts from it. The only RJ 3/4 anti-siphon valve that is left in the Lawn Genie inventory is the 54000 Classic. Sometimes Lawn Genie is sold at Home Depot, you may be able to find the entire valve there--not parts. The correct diaphragm is model 54006, which is sold through the Lawn Genie website. I would say though, if you are going to replace ...

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 8:57am

Rainbird ESP ME Display Issue

Remote programming is useful when the controller is disconnected from power. It allows you to unplug the controller from the circuit board and program inside your house or where ever you want. It also retains this information in the event of a power outage. If you continuously have power outages (or remove the controller from power for long periods of time), you will drain the battery. If it is not living on the power from the wall plug, its living off of your battery. Put one in and let us know...

Monday, November 3rd 2014, 3:35pm

Rainbird ESP ME Display Issue

The dashes must indicate that your battery is low, but I feel like your controller may not be getting power. Does it run the system when it is plugged in? Can you program? Does the display ever go completely blank on its own? Are there any symbols on the screen? How old is the controller? Do you have a voltmeter that you could check your power with? *I would first try putting a new battery in there, and see what you get. Check your power with a voltmeter if available. You could also try the rese...

Monday, November 3rd 2014, 10:08am

Rainbird ESP Faulty Controller or Module?

I would agree with WetBoots suggestion of the multimeter. That will give you your answer. Does putting the sensor switch to disable mode do anything for the alarm light? Does pressing the advance buttons remove the alarm? When you say the valve is activated (zone ) all the time, do you mean the valve stays open? How old is the timer?

Friday, October 31st 2014, 1:08pm

Toro vision 1 control box issues

So when you ran the system like you were watering the grass regularly, they came on one at a time? But in manual mode, they all come on at once and still run while the wires are disconnected? I don't know how these two things would be possible in the same instance. Theres no way he could have crosswiring in manual, and the zones each run one at a time while in automatic?? I am stumped. Anyone else got this?

Friday, October 31st 2014, 7:27am

"I started from scratch and ran my sprinklers with water and every zone worked perfect. Every zone started and stopped as they should." Ran them from where? The valve? "I disconnected all the remaining wires to to other zones and still all the zones came on again." The zones still came on even though disconnected? If this is true, sounds like crosswiring.

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 9:34am

Leaky sprinkler head

Is it the last sprinkler head in that zone? If so, you can do a couple of tests to figure out the problem. You will need to locate your valves or valve boxes. 1. First, move the solenoid from that valve to another. Does it act the same way? If so, this could mean a faulty solenoid. If not, this means your solenoid is fine and you can eliminate it from troubleshooting. 2. Make sure there is no debris under the solenoid. Make sure the solenoid is tight. Make sure that if there is an on/off lever u...

Wednesday, October 29th 2014, 9:19am

Hunter Pro-C 300i Controller

1. Move the 4-6 module to the 7-9 spot and see if it comes on there. Does it? 2. You know that this 1-3 is a working module. Put it in the 4-6 spot If it works in the 4-6 spot, this means that the 4-6 module is bad. If it does not, you know that this 4-6 area of the circuit board is bad. This doesn't necessarily mean you need to replace the whole controller. It looks like there are 7-15 extra spots for zones you could move the 4-6 module. You would just have to move it to one of those spots and ...

Friday, October 24th 2014, 9:18am

2 Hunter Pro-C controllers on 1 SolarSync sensor?

You should not use one reciever for two controllers. Usually you can use two recievers on one sensor, but depending on how far apart your controllers are, both recievers will need to stay within line of sight of your transmitter. And yes, you will probably have to purchase two sets of units because that is usually how they are sold.--Unless you buy through a third party website rather than the company or distributor (not really reccommended). Basically, buy the two sets (2 transmitters and 2 rec...

Friday, October 24th 2014, 8:37am

Vision 1

I am curious to know whether you tried that test? Did you find anything out?

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 10:49am

You can use any controller as long as it has an output of 24 volts. Manuals for controllers will almost always specify this.

Monday, October 20th 2014, 10:48am

Vision 1

A usual test we try is.. Try running zone one again, if they all come on, pull a couple wires from 2 and 3. If two and three shut off when you pull them the issue is the timer. If they do not shut off, the issue is in the wiring. But yes Wetboots is right, this timer is around 20 yrs old or more so.. more than likely will have to be replaced.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 8:46am

number of rotators

http://www.hunterindustries.com/sites/default/files/DG_ResidentialSprinklerSystemDesignHandbook_dom.pdf Pages 2-6 of this should help. Follow the steps for calculating working pressure and zone capacity.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 2:24pm

Replace Mechanical RB-7Bi...

The Irritrol Total Control is good... There are four programs which is nice. It will also tell you if there's a short in the yard without blowing a fuse. The Irritrol Raindial 600-R is a good one too. Both have a 5 year repair warranty. They both have been around for 20+ years. I suppose it would depend on your use. What kind of program are you wanting to use for your 6 valves? Is it all grass or do you have plants, flowers, etc. Would you want each of these areas to water different schedules? D...

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 1:32pm

Orbit 4-valve controller not running valve #1

How many valves do you have connected to it? If you only have three, you can take zone one wire and put it in an empty circuit terminal (1-4). If you don't have any space, your board would have to be repaired or replaced.

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 1:19pm

Irrigation Technical Assistance

Does the display flash 0:09 right away? It should show you SUN and 12:00am upon start up. If not, and your buttons are unresponsive, it may be time for a new timer. You can try replacing the plug and/or battery, but its probably going to save you alot of time to just replace the unit and save yourself a headache. The plugs can be replaced if you can find them. The plug-in parts for the Vision series are different than most of Toro's timers, and are basically obsolete unless you can find them onl...

Friday, August 29th 2014, 5:33pm

irrigirl

To check that your power is going to the valves, you have to check for AC power between the common and each zone, while each zone is activated manually. If you get 24 volts at your zones and your two power source wires, then most likely you have a broken common wire. Then you would want to check for resistance in the wiring, like WetBoots said.

Friday, August 29th 2014, 5:25pm

Toro Vision II Plus Controller Issue

Is the display flashing the current time or flashing a different message? Flashing time indicates power loss or outage. Are there any symbols on the display? For example, a water drop with a circle around it or a plug symbol with a circle around it (the circles are "no signs")? Make sure your rain delay is turned to 0. If it is flashing the current time, you would need to try resetting the current time. If you can't, put your switch at the top to OFF, take the battery out and unplug the timer. L...

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 12:29pm

irrigirl

How old is the system in the ground? Did you see anything on the screen of the timer when it was still running? What is the model of the controller? You would need to turn the water back on and activate station 2 if it doesn't come on right away. If it doesn't turn off, remove power from the timer if possible. If this doesn't shut it off, remove the wire for station two. If you remove its wire and it shuts off, the timer is the problem. If you remove the wire and it does not shut off, you have a...