You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 19th 2008, 11:58am

Couple of Pump Questions

I am about to install a sprinkler system that will be fed by a 1 hp? pump. I had toro design my system for me. I have a couple of questions though:

1) I am having PVC come off the pump to the control valve and is there a certain length that this should go before it turns if at all.

2) Do I need a back flow device for the pump or anything between the pumps and the valves?

Thanks for your help

Monday, May 19th 2008, 12:58pm

1. short answer no but why do you ask/why are you concerned?

2.are you pumping out of a lake/river?

Monday, May 19th 2008, 2:37pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

1) I thought I read somewhere that it was not good to have a 90 turn close to the beginning of the pump line and that's how the system was designed.

2) I am pumping out of a canal sort of like a lake/river.

Thank you

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 9:35am

Dont worry about a 90 being close to the pump.

I cant think of any reasons why you would need a backflow devise for doing what you are doing (pumping out of a canal). But make suer the water is getting filteredso debris is nt plugging up your heads.