You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jhenahan

Unregistered

Monday, May 19th 2008, 7:17am

Hunter XC versus SRC

What are the advantages/disadvantages when comparing the Hunter XC and SRC controllers? They look like they are about the same price and offer the same features. Why would I pick one over the other? Thanks for the help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 19th 2008, 9:13am

I doubt if you will ever find many opinions of professionals on the Hunter XC controller, since they'll stick with the SRC and its capability for remote operation with a separate Hunter transmitter/receiver set.

mrfixit

Monday, May 19th 2008, 1:32pm

Installing on Wed.

I'm installing two XC's day after tomorrow. I have yet to see one in action. If there's something I don't like I'll let you know. What I do know is everyone who has the SRC likes it. The SRC is my choice sight unseen. It's easy to operate and very reliable.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

jhenahan

Unregistered

Monday, May 19th 2008, 7:52pm

Thanks, I'll check back later to see if you've got any positives/negatives....

jhenahan

Unregistered

Saturday, May 31st 2008, 7:39am

I ended up going with the XC. The local irrigation supply store said they have basically the same functionality, but the XC doesn't have a cover. Seems to work fine so far....

Rate this thread