You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bosakie

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 9:22pm

Febco 765 test

Hello,

I have installed the Febco 765 and want to test for leaks before attaching valves. Is this possible or do I have to have the valves installed and shut off before I can test for the leaks. I would assume that I can have the outside and inside valve turned off, open the water main shut off valve and the quickly open the inside valve on the Febco 765. However, I get a very cold shower when I open the inside valve.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 1:30am

Open the inlet valve on the 765 all the way next time.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, August 11th 2008, 8:27am

Is there some reason we can't install some temporary pipe with a shutoff valve? The backflow should have some sort of threaded connection you could temporarily screw in some testing pipe with a shutoff. If you already have pipe installed in the outlet side of the backflow, you could either glue some test pipe in place that you cut out afterwards, or you could connect some test pipe with a compression coupler. WARNING!!! If you try something like this with a compression coupler, some other physical means is needed to hold the test pipe in place. If you don't do something to restrain the test pipe, the water pressure can cause the compression coupler to blow off.