You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Shawn1

Unregistered

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 11:21pm

Pop ups for small grucultural irrigation

I am thinking about replacing the handline irrigation system in a small (about 5 acre) hay field. I would like to install an underground system, so I don't have to move pipes every day. I consided a solid set system using tall risers, but those get in the way of haying. I was thinking about a system using 12" pop ups. Would this be possible? The pop ups would have to withstand horses and cows stepping on them. Are there any pop ups on the market taller than 12"? Does anyone make a rotor that pops up 12" or higher? Thanks for any input you may have!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 2:55pm

RE: Pop ups for small grucultural irrigation

I am thinking about replacing the handline irrigation system in a small (about 5 acre) hay field. I would like to install an underground system, so I don't have to move pipes every day. I consided a solid set system using tall risers, but those get in the way of haying. I was thinking about a system using 12" pop ups. Would this be possible? The pop ups would have to withstand horses and cows stepping on them. Are there any pop ups on the market taller than 12"? Does anyone make a rotor that pops up 12" or higher? Thanks for any input you may have!
There are no agricultural popups, period. You can use something like a Kifco Water Reel, and move it as needed.

Rate this thread