You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrpeterc

Starting Member

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 9:59am

12 acre orchard design

Hi I have a 12 acre orchard with a well that makes 600+ gph. I am putting in a 2500 gallon tank to help with the load. I am in need of help either designing or if someone knows of a software package that is reasonable (I will try that). I have 95 pecan trees and am adding an additonal 180 fruit and nut trees. I will also be designing the system for around the house and garden. I live in the Houston area and am going to start in the next week. I have the gps coords for all the points on the orchard (well location, trees, fence lines, buildings). So if anyone knows or has a software package that can plot this data I can convert to whatever format it takes. Thanks for any help. ^^

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 6:31pm

It sounds like a great project. First off, A great design software is Raincad. It takes a while to learn so you may not be up to speed fast enough to use it with this project, but you may.

If you have a PDF or a plot plan of the property that will be helpful. You may even pay for a survey of the property and get an autocad dwg file to make it really easy to start the design in raincad.

If you want to email me or call me for some info you may.

I don't know about the GPS coordinates. A survey of the property will be the best. It would be great if your trees were on the survey or you could place them.

I am also in the houston area.

Good Luck.
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread