You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

new to this

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 6:45am

Drip Line Troubles

Hi,

I am burying a 3/4" lateral poly line beside a row of fruit
trees. i want to tie into the line at each fruit tree (perhaps using a
self tapping fitting), and then run a drip line to each tree.

I
have spent a lot of time looking, but i can't figure out what
components are needed to get from the main to a drip emitter. Is there
an adapter that would let me put a drip emitter into the end of a 1/2"
hard poly line?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 8:16pm

I used a drip fitting that I could get at Lowe's. Don't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but basically one side of the fitting attatched to the drip tubing for that manufacturer, and had 1/2" pipe threads on the other. Specifically what I did was to transition form PVC to copper in my lateral lines while still underground. I then came above ground with the copper with an immediate elbow and copper female. That way, I had a rugged point to connect the drip to. Worst case, lawn mowers or weed eaters or animals trash the drip stuff, but I've always got that copper terminator to start from (unless it gets run over by a truck).

Rate this thread