You are not logged in.

bob c

Starting Member


Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 3:32pm

Drip system valve

I want to add a drip zone with 50 +/- emitters at 0.5 GPH to my irrgation system. My rain bird clock has an unused connection and I have a 1 inch stubout in the main line to attach a valve to. The system does have a RPZ back flow valve. Just what do I want to get to connect water line to the 1/2" distribution line with the emitters in it? Thanks ?(


Supreme Member


Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 1:37pm

You want something like one of these... for your low-flow valve, filter, and pressure regulator.

From there, run PVC underground to where you want to use drip irrigation. The thing I did to protect pipes from weed-wackers, I used copper to transition from PVC underground to above ground pipes. I would use a street elbow to keep the copper low to the ground, and terminate at a 1/2" copper female. Then you just need something to transition from female standard pipe threads to the 1/2" drip line. And if you ever tear up any of the drip stuff, worst case you rip it all out back to the copper and start over from there.

Similar threads

Rate this thread