You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tg_up

Starting Member

Thursday, August 6th 2009, 2:39pm

Controller Problem? Irritrol RD-600 EXT

I have an Irritrol RD-600-EXT - Rain Dial Series problem that I would like some help with. It has been installed for quite some time and just recently started having issues.

Problem:

1. Grass started to dry out in the front yard.

2. Manually tried to turn on Station 1 (front yard)....I could see the time on the LCD count down but no water was

supplied to front yard.
3. I manually turned on all other stations (2-5) and they came on fine.

4. I found that if I manually started station 2 (backyard-west) for 1 min hit the start button and while that was going,

quickly rotate the dial back to station 1(front yard) and set it for a few mins it would run for the full time that was set.

So, I can't manually start station1 and it won't come on when its programmed to run. The only way I can get station to come on is to go through step 4 above.

Controller problem?

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

mrfixit

Friday, August 7th 2009, 2:35pm

Try moving the number one wire to the number six terminal on the controller. I have other ideas but try that first.

Unregistered

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 4:48pm

Tried switching the terminals

Mr. Fix it,

I tried switching the terminals wires from 1 to 6 with the same result. The only way that I can get Station 6 to turn on is the same way as before. If I select station 2 or 3 first and start either one running and then quickly turn the dial to station 6 and start it running, then it will run ok. I'm assuming that this is telling me that my valves are working ok if they do actually come on. I have tried various switching of wires to different terminals inside the controller box. But I'm really not sure how they wired this up. I can see that I have 3 smaller color coded wires going from the controller box to the valve box. I've found which color matches up with which valve. I may just have to take a picture and attach it to this thread. I would like to see a wire diagram. I will try to attach a picture either tonight or tomorrow. Are there any other suggestions that you would have me try?

mrfixit

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 10:02pm

How come your id changed? Anywho, I have seen the Rain Dial do something similar to what you've described but in reverse. Number one comes on when you try to run any valve manually. It's a glitch. Those controllers were manufactured around '97-'98. The problem's since been fixed. I think you need to look at the valve next. I'd replace the diaphragm and look for debris in the ports. I bet that works. I'll wait for the picture to see what kind of valve you have.

Rate this thread