You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rthorn01

Thursday, August 4th 2005, 10:05am

New Plug in

i have a Rainbird Professional controller in one of my rentals. When I went to start the sprinkler system this yr I found that my tennent had disconnected the plug in into the unit and had accidentally thrown it away. I need to get a new plug in. What are the specs for a new plug in? Everything else on the unit should be fine. it is just not getting power.

Ron

bobw

Advanced Member

Thursday, August 4th 2005, 1:37pm

The transformer that plugs in the wall converts the current to 24v AC.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 4th 2005, 2:04pm

Make sure it is the same brand as the controller, in this case Rainbird. Most generic transformers will work as long as they are 24 VAC, but for some reason the Rainbird controllers seem to have some issues if you use something other than a Rainbird transformer. What type of controller do you have? I will locate a transformer online for you.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rthorn01

Friday, August 5th 2005, 9:00am

It is a ESP -TM Series Controller from Rainbird.
Ron

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Friday, August 5th 2005, 8:04pm

You will find all of the replacement parts you need on this page
http://www.rainbird.com/shoppingv5/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=590&cat=ESP%2DTM

Transformer: Plug-In Transformer for all ESP-TM controllers.

Plug in Class 2 transformer
Model: AC2650650
Input: 120V AC, 60Hz, 24W
Output: 26.5V AC, 650mA

Fourth item down on the page. Hope this helps.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread