You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Danny

Unregistered

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 6:16am

Raibird 3500 risers do not pop up

My new Rainbird 3500 risers do not pop up properly. There are seven to a circuit and it seems the pressure can only manage 5 to pop up completely. With a little assistance and pulling one up manually, all the others pop up properly and function as they should.

The reason is (excessive blow-by) of all the heads whilst not in the fully upright position. This causes pressure loss which makes that the other heads cannot pop up properly...

As these are all new rotors I suppose that the blow-by is something that cannot be changed.

Another solution could be a 'check valve' of some kind. This I would like to install underground, connected to the PE-main tube (25"), after 5 rotors (with 5 rotors everything still works fine). This valve should be closed and only when the pressure is high enough and the first 5 rotors work properly, should this be opened to also include the last 2 rotors.

Questions:

1. Does all this make sense?

2. Which exact type of valve would I need? This valve should be adjustable to be set to the correct pressure at which it should open.

mrfixit

Sunday, November 1st 2009, 8:16pm

What you're suggesting just might work.

What you need is a spring check valve. I use King check valves. I don't know how to adjust one to a specific pressure though. I've always used the factory setting. Never had a problem. I believe there's a formula. Ask where you buy the check valve. I highly suggest Hydroscape, John Deere or Ewing for this question. They will know or can look it up for you.

Rate this thread