You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mahplane

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 5:33pm

Rainbird 2 zones out

I have a rainbird e-6c controller,#1 and #2 zones just quit the rest work fine,I cant locate zone 2 valve,anyone know the best way to find it? I found # 1 and it has no power at the valve when it should,there is power at the controller I switched zone 3 wire wire to zone 1 connection and it worked fine any help would be appreciated Mark

mrfixit

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 6:03pm

You may want to rent a wire locator. Although they can be tricky to use even for a seasoned professional. You might want to hire a guy. There's a possibility you have a broken wire somewhere. Testing the wires on valve 1 would help decide that.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/PRO-700-Rental-Wire-and-Valve-Locato-p/PRO-700-Rental.htm

Here's other ways of finding the valve. Poke around with a screwdriver in a logical spot. Follow the pipes with a shovel. Follow the wires with a shovel. Hook up a chatterer to the wires and listen for the valve. Of course that wont work if the wire is broken.

Good luck!

Rate this thread