You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

man

Unregistered

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 4:06pm

one valve will not actuate or manually open.

I replaced all valves in a 7 valve series. I have a functional rainbird commercial controller. I troubleshooted the new valve extensively, 24V at the solenoid. I replaced the entire valve with a jartop and repeated the troubleshooting steps. Still will not open. could there be an obstruction within the outflow causing this. What are your thoughts? How do you recommend further testing.

mrfixit

Friday, April 30th 2010, 2:34am

I can come up with a few ideas.

I'd take the valve apart and make sure all the ports are clear. Could be glue from the new install.

Move the wires from a valve that works to the one that doesn't.

I suppose you could cut the pipe open to see if water gushes out. That would determine a clogged pipe. Poly pipe perhaps?

If it's an anti-syphon valve simply take off the cap. I ran across a valve that was doing the identical thing you're describing. I took the cap off. Water gushed out and the valve was fine after that. It was stuck somehow. It's still working today. This was on a dripline.

New valve installed backwards?

Flow control not open?

Maybe the valve is indeed coming on and there's a broken pipe giving the impression it's not working.

Let us know what you find. I'm curious.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 8:31pm

Mr fixit hit them all.

I too am curious.

:thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: 8o
:thumbup: :thumbsup: