You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

golfplayer53

Starting Member

Saturday, May 1st 2010, 1:36pm

sprinklers won't shut off.

I had my sprinkler system blowing out last fall then this spring when I turned on the water at the manifold the sprinklers came on and now I can't shut them off. What do I do?

mrfixit

Saturday, May 1st 2010, 2:48pm

This seems to be a common phenomenon. I live in So. Cal. so I don't know much about freezing temperatures and it's effect on valves. My guess would be the diaphragm. Hopefully someone who sees this every spring will chime in.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 8:26pm

If your backflow was recently repaired they may have got some debris in the mainline and cloggged a valve. Maybe you can locate the problem valve and take apart and clean debris or replace the guts if you need to.

Good Luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Percy

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 7:14am

Try using the flow controller on the valve to reduce the flow and see if that works. Also could be the plunger in the solenoid sticking. You can unscrew the solenoid but be careful that the plunger doesn't pop out as they are spring loaded. Make sure it move freely. If it doesn't get a new solenoid.

Rate this thread