You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rj3208

Starting Member

Monday, May 17th 2010, 11:34am

Losing water in home

Within the past two weeks we have had a new rainbird system installed. The system has 12 zones, every time the system gets to Zone 7 it shuts down the water in our home and the valve trinkles out water. We can turn the system completely off and the water in the house returns back on. I have had the company that installed come back out several times and they recommended drilling a new well, we also installed a new pump and pressure switch to the existing system. Thousands of dollars later the new well is installed and the system still does the same thing when it hits Zone 7. I called rainbow and they were no help to us. ANY IDEAS??? Our brand new sod is slowly burning away.

pass1

Monday, May 17th 2010, 1:24pm

Do you know for sure that your well has the capacity to support a 12 zone irrigation system? This should have been determined BEFORE the irrigation system was installed. You may be drawing water faster then it can be replenished in the well. Your well driller should have been able to provide you with that info. At this point, I would first determine if it is , indeed, a well/pump problem or is it something mechanical within the sprinkler system. Either way, this does not sound good.

mrfixit

Monday, May 17th 2010, 7:27pm

What happens if you turn on valve number 7 first?