You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

fin780

Starting Member

Friday, July 16th 2010, 9:15am

One Station Doesn't Water

I have a 7 station sprinkler system with Toro spray nozzles controlled by a Rainbird timer. Six of the stations work fine. The timer appropriately activates Station 5 but the sprinklers don't spray. By opening the valve box cover, I can hear water running, but there are no obvious leaks; no soggy spots in the lawn, etc.

Any suggestions?

mrfixit

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 5:18am

I would confirm that water is actually going through the valve. If so let it run until you find the leak. Could take a while.

If there's no water going through the valve then take the valve apart and inspect the diaphragm. I suspect it may have fallen apart or is too old and stiff to operate correctly. A bad diaphragm can make the symptom you've described. It sounds like the valve is working when it's not.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 4:45pm

Can you hear water running when the zone is not supposed to be running? Is there any seepage at all from any of the heads in the zone that isn't working? Does anything happen when you start the valve manually from the valve box?

How long has the system been installed?

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

Rate this thread